ELEVEN

♚♚♚

Flashback

"Lola, come down to the beach with us!"

Valentina lifted her head at the sound of her fake name. Peering out of the window, she saw Elias and Eliott standing outside her house, below the window.

The blonde smiled and leaned across the desk she was seated at. "I'll meet you down there, I just need to finish something."

The two men nodded and mumbled to each other before turning down the path that worked its way to the sand.

The blonde chuckled softly before staring back down at the half written letter in front of her. Valentina was debating whether or not she should even send the damn letter. She knew she shouldn't because she didn't know if it would even get to its recipient, or if  they would turn it into the police. And worse of all, a simple letter could expose the whole gang.

But, she made one of the riskiest decisions of her life. 

Valentina sent the letter addressed to her ex-girlfriend, Amaia. 

In that moment, up in her house, she ran her tongue down the edge of the paper and pressed it down, sealing its contents. 

Before going to the beach with Elias and Eliott, she brought it into the small village so that it could be mailed out to Amaia. It would be a long time before she got any sort of reply but she had to send that letter.

Leaving the countryside and returning to the city was definitely not the plan. And breaking into a police officer's home and interrogating him was also not in the original plan either, but Roma, Marsella, and the Professor needed to improvise. 

They had come to the conclusion that Lisboa was still alive and had been brought to the police tent in front of the back to be interrogated. 

And now, the three of them had just rescued a police officer who jumped out of his window into a pool. Roma was sopping wet and she could feel her mascara running. Her clothes felt heavy on her as she grumpily took her jacket off.