SEVEN

♚♚♚

The colors from the sun were just starting to break the horizon. Valentina yawned, feeling the tiredness in her eyes as she stared out into the deep blue. The waves crashed onto the shore causing the water to creep up on the sand. She liked to do this; watch the sunrises in the mornings and clear her head.

But of course, she was joined by Eliott and Elias, as they collecting samples for their research. Valentina smiled at the two as they roared with laughter; probably from something Eliott said.

Valentina, or 'Lola' as she went by, pulled her knees to her chest. She squished the sand between her toes and closed her eyes as she wrapped her arms around herself. 

It had been six months since Hanoi died. The blonde missed him everyday, even though she tired not to. She tried to forget him, to move on from his death. But she couldn't. Even though she had accepted it and grieved Hanoi, she couldn't move on. She couldn't stop thinking about him.

"Lola!"

She looked up, both Elias and Eliott sprinting towards her. "Hey." She responded, smiling tiredly.

"Come to the water with us, it's nice." Eliott held out his hand for her to take.

"Okay." She grabbed onto the outstretched hand and the taller man pulled her up off of the sand and the three of them took off to the water.

The crystal blue water sparkled as Valentina stepped slowly into it. It the cold, yes, but it felt good. She only walked out far enough to where the water was up to her ankles, for she didn't want her pants to get wet. Valentina reached down and skimmed the water with her fingers, then turning her head to the side and watching the couple laughing and splashing each other.

The heat was already starting to make its appearance and all of a sudden, the water didn't feel as cold anymore. That was the reason why she came to the island, and not some cold, snowy place like she originally wanted.

After Hanoi, all she felt was coldness. She could never seem to get warm again, no matter she did. It was when she came here that she started to feel warm again. It was the island that caused her to start healing.

And watching Eliott and Elias together, made her think that she could find happiness again. That could go one day without thinking about her dead friend. After all, this was all she had now.

Río.

He was back. He was alive and seemingly okay. Tokio and Viena watched from the windows as the crowd of protesters cheered his name.

Día 3

"Come on," Viena urged Tokio, smiling. "Let's go."