SIXTEEN

♚♚♚

♚♚♚

Berlín died in the Royal Mint.

Moscú died in the Royal Mint.

Oslo died in the Royal Mint.

And now, Nairobi died in the Bank of Spain.

It had never been clearer that this heist was more than just a heist. With Río's unlawful capture and torture, and the illegal holding of Lisboa, this was an attack against the state. A war. It didn't help that Gandía was given the green light to wreak havoc inside the bank during a truce. The police painted the gang of Dalí's to be criminals, but the police and government weren't innocent either.

Amaia Montero, or Roma stood behind the Professor, watching the computer screen. She bit the inside of her cheek in nervousness as cameras showed Alicia Sierra, the negotiator, enter the conference hall filled with reporters.

Here, she was to answer questions about all that had been going on, and the Professor predicted that she would lie about it all. He was so sure that she wouldn't expose the government that she worked for. But even still, the two watched in anticipation.

The look on Alicia's face was of mystery and playfulness; she smiled walking up to the podium. Roma instantly knew something was wrong, as an instinctual drop in her stomach ensued. Roma fidgeted with her fingers, her eyes glued to the screen. The gold earrings that she wore brushed against the side of her neck, causing her to shiver.

And then it began. "Is it true that you used the daughter of Ágata Jiménez, alias Nairobi, to make her approach the window and then shoot her? Did she die from that shot?" A female reporter asked from the audience.

Roma flinched at the question. The mention of Nairobi's death still troubled her.

"That is absolutely false." Alicia stated. She paused briefly, making Roma believe that she was actually going to do what the Professor anticipated. "It wasn't her daughter. It was her son. Nine years old. And yes, I used him. My superiors knew about it and authorized it, of course. We shot her in the chest, then they asked for a doctor and I didn't send one in. Her friends saved her, but that didn't matter. She was executed by the chief of security for the Bank of Spain, Gandía, with the full support of Colonel Tamayo. That's it."