FOUR

♚♚♚

Flashback

With Roma's arm draped across her, Viena laid on her side in bed; restless. The blonde was thankful to have the woman sleeping next to her back, but the pit in her stomach kept her thinking about Alvaro.

Viena sniffled, causing Roma to stir next to her. She tried her best to be honest with her girlfriend, but Viena didn't want Roma to know that she was broken about Hanoi's death. She stared at the wall in front of her, too sad to sleep, and filled her mind with memories of Hanoi.

Memories were all she had left of him, now.

Roma sat close to Marsella. She was nervous, more nervous than she had ever been in her life. Well, maybe not the most nervous, but still. She was fucking nervous. The brunette, tapped her foot on the floor of the cramped van as she played with one of her large earrings. 

"Would you stop that?" Marsella grumbled quietly.

She looked behind her shoulder with a shy expression. "Sorry."

Roma turned back to her computer and huffed. She had grown fond of the near silent man over the two months. Their personalities clashed, but that's probably why they both secretly enjoyed each other's company. She typed on the computer, looking at the news coverage of the heist and how the media was responding to it. So far, the people loved the heist, and the people with city names. But of course, the government and elite figures were calling them 'terrorists' and criminals.

Were they wrong? No. They were criminals, but they had a message. A message for the CNI, and message for the people. They were a sign of resistance.

"Do you think they're okay in there?" She whispered, almost hoping the man with her didn't hear her.

He stood up from where he was sitting in the van and stood next to her little table. "We shouldn't be thinking about them."

"But-"

"No." He shook his head. "We have to be objective here. We can't let our emotions be influenced by what's going on inside. Our role is out here, okay? We have a job to do."

Roma nodded, looking back down at her computer, trying to stay focused. Deep down she knew that he was right. It still didn't make her worry about Viena any less. She loved her, and she always would love her, but one day that woman would go down in flames.

And Roma wouldn't be there to put those flames out.

After Palermo had calmed down a bit, Viena helped Helsinki along along with Tokio, Denver, and Estocolmo to clean his eyes. Palermo grunted as Helsinki dabbed a cotton ball delicately over his face.