TEN

♚♚♚

Nairobi's vitals were steady. Viena stared at the box, trying not to sweat through her gown and cap from nervousness.

Tokio held the bovie in her hand as the others watched the two women with panic. She looked up at Viena and the two nodded at each other, drawing in their breaths, praying that everything would work out. Tokio moved the tool inside of Nairobi's exposed body as Viena used a suction tool to clear away excess blood in Tokio's way.

"Be careful." The Governor warned. "Slowly."

"Okay. I got it." Tokio said, breathlessly.

"A little bit higher." He instructed. "You're doing really well."

Viena let out a breath of relief. "Now, just get the bullet out." She said.

It didn't take long before Tokio slowly pulled out a small bullet, placing it in a small tray. The Governor calmly encouraged her. Then, Tokio took out the small piece of lung affected by the bullet and put it on the same tray as the bullet.

This was a win for the group. They still hadn't reached the end of the first half, but they had won this round.

After Tokio and Viena stitched Nairobi back up, Río and Denver wheeled her to a room where she could recover more easily. This left Tokio, Viena, and Helsinki left in the library, pondering the events that had just occurred.

The three of them hugged.

Viena with her arms around Tokio and Helsinki, made her feel safe and comforted. A hug was what she needed after spending hours performing a surgery that might not do any good. It was a setback, yes. But Alicia Sierra intended to kill Nairobi and she failed.

After taking a nap and eating something, Viena felt refreshed and ready to take on anything. And little did she know, she needed that mentality more than ever.

It was her turn to watch the hostages and with her M-16 in her hands, she paced through the rows of hostages with Matías. She didn't know Matías well, as he was only hired to watch the hostages and help with melting the gold, but he seemed like a decent person. Viena thought he could be a little lost sometimes, but otherwise a decent guy.

"Well, ladies and gentlemen," Viena turned, seeing Palermo run down the stairs dressed in a fancy black suit holding a briefcase. "I'm sorry to inform you that I must say 'au revoir'."

Vienna gripped her gun tighter, narrowing her eyes. She stood side-by-side with Palermo as he marched down the aisle of hostages. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" She hissed at him.

"Me voy." He said bluntly. "Keep up the good work, you're doing great.

Viena turned around and gave Matías a look, hoping that he understood to go get back-up. He huffed and left in a hurry.

She turned back, seeing Palermo knelt on the ground and opening his briefcase. The blonde hoped he wasn't doing what he said he was doing, and that this was some joke or secret plan between him and the Professor. But with Palermo positioned in front of the door, she was starting to believe that he was serious.

"It's been a pleasure working with you, even when you've been a bitch to me." He said, looking up at her. "But I would even say, that I love you dearly, Viena."