THIRTEEN

♚♚♚

♚♚♚

They were all divided and nervous. Gandía was already winning and the gang wasn't prepared for his wrath. This was all a game to the man; to break the team like glass. To shatter them was his ultimate goal, and from there, he would annihilate them.

Gandía was cold and calculated. From the minute he freed himself, he knew exactly what he needed to do. And now, he was succeeding. With Tokio displaced and Nairobi healing from her surgery, they were down two people. Viena herself wasn't fully healed, either, but she wasn't going to stop a head injury from taking down a freed prisoner.

"This is Gandía, chief of security for the Bank of Spain. At the moment, I'm hidden. I'm safe, and I'm capable of taking whatever action is necessary to recover full control and security-"

Viena stopped in her tracks. The chilling voice of Gandía sent shivers down her spine, causing her to grip her gun harder in nervousness. He must have hacked into the bank's speakers somehow and was able to project whatever he wanted to everyone.

A different voice interrupted him. "He wants to kill all of us! Stay together. He's watching you!"

It was Tokio.

Viena didn't know the woman was missing, and now everyone in the bank knew that she had been taken hostage by the same man that they were supposed to be hunting. Hearing Tokio's voice filled Viena with rage. Not because of Tokio, but because of Gandía. Because he was able to incapacitate their current leader. Tokio was Viena's friend, and now every single move that Gandía would make would feel personal to her.

Gandía was Viena's responsibility and she was failing.

"As you've just heard," Gandía continued. "I'm with marvelous company."

And then it was radio silence. Nothing more came out of the speakers. He could've hung up in order to kill Tokio for speaking over him. He could be torturing her, or forcing her to tell him their plan. Viena thought of many things that could be happening to Tokio, and it made her vengeful even more.

Nobody knew what to do. They had lost visual contact with the Professor. He was no longer able to see them through the cameras, for Gandía took that ability away from him.

Everyone was scared and even the hostages could tell that something was wrong, and after Gandía's little speech, their suspicions were correct. Gandía was going to hunt each one of them down and tear them to pieces.

Gandía was the wolf, and the gang were the sheep; ready to be slaughtered.

"I'd like to take this moment to give my thanks to Palermo." He spoke again, his voice crackling a bit from the static. "His advice on how to escape from my handcuffs by dislocating my thumb is what made me a free man. Thanks to him, I hope to be able to help all of you."