THREE

♚♚♚

"Están atacando el banco!" Palermo shouted after the blasts. "They're attacking the bank!"

The people inside screamed and cowered in fear, having no clue as to what was going to happen next. To them, the soldiers were there to help them; to save them. But, the so-called 'soldiers' were the ones that were going to rob the place. And twenty-year old Viena was one of them.

"Seal off the building!" He spoke into the radio. "I repeat, seal off the building!"

At Palermo's demand, the doors of the building closed.

Flashback

"Even sealed off, the building is very big, Professor." Helsinki said.

He was right. Even Viena knew that the Bank of Spain was much bigger than the Royal Mint. It would be hard to control every space inside. And with four of their members on the outside, it would be harder to control with only eight people.

"Too many windows, not enough men." Helsinki explained. "We can't defend the whole thing."

But, it seemed like the Professor had expected someone to speak up about that. "Good point Helsinki," he walked over to the model of the bank. "a really good point, but this building has its own secrets."

He took away the two ends of the bank, leaving the middle structure on the table. "This is the part of the Bank of Spain that interests us. The structure is covered with concrete walls and steel sheets one-hundred and eighty centimeters thick. From the outside, it is a true safe. From the inside, it's an impenetrable fort. Once Red protocol is activated, nobody, and I mean nobody, will be allowed to go in or out for one hour. That's the time we need to obtain a key piece for stage two of our plan."

He looked around at everyone as Viena raised the pencil she was holding in the air. "And what's the key piece exactly?"

With Tokio and Nairobi upstairs getting ahold of the governor of the Bank, the rest of the group was keeping up with the act and getting ahold of the hostages.

"Lets go, lets go!" Viena shouted as the people ran. "Move! Move!"

She stood below with Denver as Palermo and Helsinki stood on the balcony. "You'll be safe here." Palermo told all of them. "Nothing to worry about among writers and poets. Tranquilo."

He moved to the top of a spiral staircase. "Hands in the air." Nobody moved so Palermo raised his. "Like this. Like in a robbery."

The hostages raised their hands in the air. Some were crying, and some were trying their hardest to stay calm.

"Very good." Palermo told them. "Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Palermo." He started to take his uniform off, and Viena pulling the black covering down from her face. "And I have two pieces of news for you. Good and bad. The bad one is that the Bank of Spain is under attack."

Some cries were heard but nonetheless the hostages stayed quiet, listening to what Palermo had to say. "The good one..." He chuckled as he removed the top part of his uniform, revealing their signature red jumpsuit. "Is that we are the attackers!"