Chapter 37

Avery POV

Since Pavol told me he wanted to sleep with me and I confessed that I loved him too he's been overwhelmingly touchy. About a week has gone by and every single day he's been leaving small love notes in my locker. All of it honestly makes my heart swell and never in my life have a felt so loved. Well with the exception of my parents and my sister. I refrained from thinking about my love for him but I no longer can because the more I become comfortable with him the more in love I fall. It sounds cheesy but it's the truth. 

It's Monday today and this morning instead of attending classes the school is hosting a one-and-a-half-hour assembly. I believe they're bringing in a guest speaker who's supposed to be talking about career paths and higher education. As I file into the gymnasium the bleachers have been pulled out for sitting and I make my way to the first row when I feel a hand on my arm.  

"Avery come sit with us," Xavier says before leading me up the third row on the bleachers. There I find Miguel already sitting and on his phone. I slide onto the metal bench next to him and remain silent with my hands folded on my knees. After more students begin shuffling into the gym I look throughout the crowd scanning for Pavol and when I finally see his head of curly hair my heart swells and I try to control my excitement. I try to wave him down without looking too crazy. 

Once he sees me he quickly makes his way up the steps and slides himself right next to me. 

"Mon amour." He says before interlocking our fingers I blush but luckily my dark completion doesn't show it. He pecks me on the cheek quickly before sliding his hand on my knee. Which intern sends shivers up my spine. He looks at me giving his classic smile and just looking at him makes me melt. The guest speaker makes their way to the podium and the lecture begins.

***

After school, I make my way to the crosswalk as usual but I suddenly feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I yelp and I turn around seeing that it's Pavol. 

"Salut." He says before kissing me. I lightly giggle and take his hand. We walk across the street and down the sidewalk. Halfway through walking, I remember that he was grounded.

"Wait Pavol aren't you grounded?" He stares down at me with a nervous exterior. 

"Uh ouai, but today my parents actually let me hang out with you since I've been on good behaviour." He says giving me a toothy grin.

We stroll down the street past shops and eventually make it to my house. Once I open the door I'm greeted by a silent and empty house as usual. My parents are gone as usual due to work but having a guest over is actually nice than staying alone in this grande maison.

I feel his arms snake around my waist and before I can say anything he nuzzles his face into my neck. Whispering in my ear he says ever so lightly something that makes my heart nearly jump out of my chest.

"Can I make love to you now?" The sentence rings over and over again in my head and for a few seconds I remain frozen and all I can hear is my heart beating in my ears. It's so loud I wonder if he can hear it too?

"I-I P-Pavol." He turns me around and without warning plants a kiss on my lips. He pulls our bodies close together leaving virtually no space between us. My legs go weak and I nearly fall over but his grip on me is secure.

"Is that a yes?" He says staring me in the eyes. I'm unsure and at the moment I don't know If I truly want to or maybe I do and I'm too scared to admit it to myself. Ultimately I speak surprising my self with my answer,

"Y-yes." 

(Make sure to comment and leave a like ;)