Chapter 9

Pavol POV

Once again I find myself writing you another letter. I just can't stop thinking about you Avery. It's been about two weeks since we first met and in the time that I've known you, you've grown on me. Snatched my heart with not only your beauty but your mien. 

Avery, I know this is sudden but I really really LIKE YOU. There is something about you that just whenever I see you I immediately feel better. You just being close to me lightens my mood and I can't get enough of you.

The true reason why I'm writing this letter is that I'd love for you to be my girlfriend. 

The choice is up to you my love.

Yes or No?...

l'amour Pavol

***

Friday 11:30 a.m

I take a seat outside under the weeping willow. The tree's wispy branches dances with the wind as the birds chirp. The sky is clear with not a cloud in sight. I play with my hair curling a brown strand around my finger as I look up at the blue sky. Looking around I notice not many people are outside in the courtyard. Bizzare... I left a note in Avery's locker this morning telling her to meet me here for lunch but as I look around the courtyard I see nobody but a brown squirrel stuffing acorns into its mouth. I sigh looking down at the rouge letter sitting on my lap. Where is she?

After 10 minutes of waiting, I decide to go look for her. Grabbing my bag I sling it over my shoulder and walk into the school. The halls are empty but not silent, faint shouting can be heard from down the hall coming from the cafeteria. As I approach the noise becomes louder. 

Turning the corner my eyes widen. I stand there perplexed. 

"Quoi!" Students of all ages fling food at each other. Pasta, rice, salad, ketchup everything and anything is being tossed across the tumultuous room. Students are covered head to toe in sticky slimy food. I cautiously walk into the cafeteria dodging flung mash potatoes and tiptoeing over slippery banana peels. 

My eyes scan through the chaos searching for Avery, but instead, I find Miguel. 

 He's got ketchup in his hair dirty blonde hair and a mystery food covers his face and the rest of his clothing. 

"Bien, tu es ici!" Miguel pulls me in front of him and chocolate pudding hits me directly in the chest. He continues to duck behind me using me as a shield.

"Dégueulasse!" I wipe the food off of my shirt and attempt to shake whatever the hell is in my hair out. The floor is all slippery so I end up slipping and sliding across the cafeteria towards the exit.

The moment I exit five teachers come rushing into the cafeteria. I can hear them screaming at the students and soon a whistle is blown. I take that as my cue to quickly rush away.

I skid down the hallway and towards the bathroom when I spot Avery exiting the bathroom. Chocolate milk stains her white t-shirt. She looks unsettled while pulling food out of her braids.

"Avery!" I call her name from down the hall. She looks up at me and her eyes widen as her mouth drops open. I walk towards her and grab her hand. I pull her into the boy's bathroom and lock the door.

"Avery are you okay?! Do you need an extra shirt, I have one in my bag." Before she can reply I'm already pulling out my black hoodie. I shove it in her hands and turn around. 

"You can put it on I'm not looking." 

"U-um y-you don't have to do that Pavol, here" She drops the sweater back into my bag. "I don't need it."

" Oh well, then I'll just wear it and Oh! I almost forgot." I pull out the rouge envelope and hand it to her.

"Here read it."Her lips pull into a small smile. She looks up at me then down at the letter. Carefully she opens up the envelope then pulls out the letter. 

As her eyes read down the page a red hue sneaks up her cheeks towards the tips of her ears.  I watch tentatively as she eyes the letter for a few more seconds then looks up at me. The paper shakes in her small hands as she avoids my stare.

"P-Pavol I-I... Yes, I'd like to be your girlfriend." My heart flutters and I embrace her into a large hug. Not being able to contain my excitement I kiss her on the lips. Her soft warm lips against mine feel euphoric. Slowly I pull away.

"Avery are you ok?" She looks like a deer caught in the headlights. 

"I'm fine, just feeling a little confounded."

(Make sure to like and comment ;)