Chapter 31

Avery POV

"Oh Avery please wear the black dress it looks so goo an- oh I have the perfect lipstick for you!" My mom rushes out my room and soon comes back with a kit full of makeup. I groan and lay back on my bed. I've been sitting in my bra and underwear and have tried on over 10 different dresses that my mom bought for me. I should've never mentioned the party. 

"Avery sit up." I slowly slide up and sigh.

"Mommy please let me just dress and go I don't want to try any more clothes on." I say whining. My mom brings the black dress hanging from my closet and sets it beside me. 

"Okay then just wear this one." I look down at the dress then at her. 

"Mommy this isn't some fancy dinner it's a highschool party." She just purses her lips and waves me away. 

"Fine you don't want my help then fine I'll go." She takes her makeup kit and heads to the door. Oh great now I feel bad.

"No mommy it's fine I'll wear it, and you can do my makeup okay." Once I say that a grin dances across her face.

"Ohh Avery I have the perfect shoes for you to wear!"

This is gonna takes a long time.

***

I'm nervous really nervous, so nervous to the point that my hands are shaking. As I step up to the large wooden dual doors of this mansion I can't help but breathe in out. It's fine Avery your good. Just don't talk and stand in the corner then maybe nobody will notice you. 

Knock Knock Knock. 

The door flies open and a boy with strawberry blonde hair appears in view. His eyes are green as jade and freckles speckle his entire face. 

"Salut." He says with a big smile. He steps aside so I can walk in. The moment I enter I wave of heat hits me. There's got to be more than 100 people here! The house is crowded and people are chatting, laughing and drinking. I immediately tense up and look around for a familiar face. 

"Hey comment tu t'appelles?" The guy asks shouting over the noise. 

"Uh Avery et toi."

"Neville" He says smiling showing off his braces. I nod my head and walk further into the house. 

"Oh wait aren't you Pavol's girlfriend?" Heat begins rushing to my face. Luckily for my dark skin he shouldn't notice.

"Oh ah yes I-I'm his girlfriend" I Avert my gaze and focus on my ring instead.

"Well I think they should be here soon feel free t-"

"Neville, venez ici!" Some girl calls from the basement stairwell. Neville turns away and starts yelling something in french before heading to the stairs. I just stand there and watch him run down the basement stairs before disappearing. I don't know anyone here. Maybe I should wait outside until Pavol gets here, or maybe I should just leave... My anxiety begins to form and I feel myself tugging on my ring as I bite my lip nervously. Before I know It I'm sitting on the main staircase staring blankly at my phone screen.

"Avery! There you are." I quickly look up and find Xavier only inches away from my face. I sigh in relief seeing a familiar face. He takes a seat beside me before speaking.

"Sorry we were late my mom couldn't find her car keys." He says staring straight into my eyes. I shift a little and look away. Why is he staring so intensely at me? 

"No problem, uhm do you know where Pavol and Miguel are?" 

"Oh oui, ils sont... ah voila." He points towards a room with a pool table and there stands Miguel holding a pool stick whilst focusing his gaze on the ball. I look around the room more but don't see Pavol.

"Uhm wheres Pavo-"

"Avery." I'm immediately enveloped in a hug, and a waft of strawberry scented shampoo fills my nostirls. He quickly pecks me on the lips and takes my hand before pulling me up so I'm standing.

"Pardon, Avery the moment I got here I had to use the bathroom and it took me long to find you given that theres so many people her-" he continues to ramble on and I slightly space out as I look at him and notice that he's wearing a black polo shirt with white commision shorts. His hair smells so good; It's looks so curly and soft...

"Avery?" Pavol waves a hand infront of my face snapping me out of my daze. 

"Oh sorry." I say grinning like a goof. Suddenly music starts to play and with all the talking and the heavy bass I can barley hear myself think. I cover my ears before speaking.

"Ugh it's so loud!" I yell.

"I know do you want to go outside?!" He yells back. He grabs my hands and I follow him down the stairs. I turn around remembering about Xavier but he's gone. Hmm he must've left when we weir talking.

(Make sure to comment and leave a like ;)