Chapter 10

Pavol POV

Knock knock knock!

Students yell from the other side of the washroom door.  Avery jumps startled with an uneasy look on her face. She takes a large step away from me and grabs her arm. 

"Oh no, this is bad. I'm a girl in the boy's bathroom!" Her breathing quickens as she begins to bite her nails. Wrapping her arms around herself and curling into a ball on the floor her quicked breathing sets into hyperventilation. Merde.

" Avery calm down they aren't going to care." I pull her up by the arms and into a reassuring hug. Kissing her forehead I grab her bag and sling it over my shoulder while I keep mine in my right hand. I pull away and unlock the bathroom door. A line up of boys covered in food and who knows else walk in. Laughing and chatting with each other while they shuffle into the bathroom. But once they notice Avery everyone freezes. One of the guys nudges me raising his eyebrows. He turns around to the rest of the guys.

" So Pavol what have you been up to?" All the guys laugh and my face reddens in anger. 

"Is that why you locked the door, to get some alone time  with your girl." Another kid chimes in. The bathroom erupts in laughter. 

I shove past all of them dragging Avery behind me.

I speed walk down the hall pulling her behind as I search for a vacant room. Gently pulling Avery into the room and closing the door behind us I drop our bags on the floor and tell Avery to sit on one of the desks. 

Avery stares up at me with her small hands clutched around the edge of the desk. Her eyes begin to water and soon tears spill over and fall down her cheek.

" P-Pavol they weir all s-staring I-I" 

"No, you're just overreacting It's all right." I grab her face and kiss her lightly on the lips. Her tears immediately stop.

I grab a chair and plant it in front of her. I set my hands down on top of her thighs drawing little circles across her pants. 

" Avery breath slowly, do this." I bring her hands up to her mouth and show her how to control her breathing.

"Breath slowly exhaling than inhaling into your hands." I pair actions to my words having her mirror me.

" Okay now look at me." Her big brown eyes look into mine and I bring my hand towards her face. My palm caresses her smooth skin.

" Avery you're okay, there's nothing to worry about okay. Just breathe." After a while longer her breathing slowly goes back to normal. I smile in relief and pull her in for another hug. 

" S-sorry, I-I just get panicked over the smallest things." She wipe's her tear-stained cheeks and avoids my gaze. 

"C'est bon..." I get up from the chair and pull Avery off of the desk. I sling my arms across her shoulder.

"Come on let's get to class."

(Make sure to like and comment ;)