Chapter 13

Avery POV

I wait anxiously throughout the period while twisting and turning the ring around my finger. I can't help but feel a little jittery after Pavol's kiss. I've only seen kisses like that on tv but now that I've experienced one for myself I feel kind of light-headed. Feeling his lips on mine sent jolts up my spine and oh my how he looked at me Uhh oh my god. He's just so handsome! okay, I need to stop fangirling over him. 

Lunch

I take a deep breath in and step outside into the cool fall air. The sun is shining and the fall wind blows through the small holes in my sweater causing me to slightly shiver. I very slowly make my way over to the weeping willow tree.

There he sits with his eyes closed and head tilted slightly to the side. He looks so peaceful. He's wearing beige khaki pants and a white short sleeve blouse. The button on top is undone giving me a view of his collar bone. I can't tear my eyes away from him so when he opens his eyes I whip my head away so quickly my neck cracks. Blushing I silently take a seat beside him.

He eyes me silently as I shift uncomfortably eventually settling myself in a criss-cross position. Pavol reaches out to twirl a strand of my braid around his finger but I squeak when he lightly pulls on it.

" Awe Avery your too cute." He pulls me into a tight hug. My face is planted in his chest. He smells so good.

" I assume you're wondering why I cut my hair." I look up at him shocked.

" Oh, ho-how'd you know?"

" Your face tells it all. Avery, I don't think you notice how expressive you are when it comes to what you're thinking." Pavol chuckles and grabs my right hand. He places it on his chest.

" Do you feel my heart, it's beating two times faster because of you. You only do this to me, Avery I don't know how else to explain how much I lo-"

" Pavol!" I look up to see a red-faced Miguel hovering over us. His fists are clenched as he glares at Pavol.  This can't be good...

" Why are you so difficult! Mama and Papa have been looking all over for you!"

 Pavol rolls his eyes and stands up to meet Miguel's gaze.

" I thought I told you guys I would be leaving early for school this morn-"

Miguel grabs Pavol by the collar pulling him till their face to face.

"Sans Coeur. You didn't even bother visiting Grandmama at the hospital this morning. She's sick Pavol but your excuse is that ' You want to be a good student?!'." Miguel pushes Pavol away and turns around. 

"You're a disgrace." With that Miguel walks away.

I sit there stiffly, not too sure what to say.

"Pavol what's going on?" My throat feels tight, I'm afraid of the answer. He breathes in through his nostrils and takes a seat back down next to me. Running his fingers through his messy hair, he finally turns to look at me.

" My Grandmama is sick, ha who am I kidding she's dying." 

"Oh my, I-I'm so sorry."

"The reason Miguel is so pissed at me is because my whole family planned to visit her this morning but I decided I wanted to see you instead. So I left early without a word."

Concerned I fold my knees to my chest and hug them.

"Pavol is the reason why you didn't see your grandmama because of me." He looks at me, I can't help but feel a little detached as he just stares blankly.

"Even though my Grandmama is important, I care more about y-"

"But Pavol she's dying!" I begin to panic.

"It doesn't matter your more important." My eyes widen in shock. 

"Pavol you've only known me for a month, and now your whole family is angry at you because of the stupid decision that you've made!" I bite my fingernails as I single tear rolls down my face.

This isn't good. What is wrong with him? Why would he choose me over his poor Grandmama?

He goes silent and picks up his bag and with a word I watch him walk across the grass and into the school.

This is all my fault.

(Make sure to like and comment ;)