Chapter 18

Avery POV

"So get this Xavier is back and he's had to get his nose re-adjusted because of you." Miguel points an accusing finger at Pavol then continues.

"Now he's gotta wear a frickin nose cast for the next 7 days until it can officially heal." He continues to chastise Pavol about how their little fight ended up ruining Xavier's pretty little face. Pavol shakes his head and rolls his eyes. He stuffs half of his sandwich into his mouth, chews, swallows, then speaks.

"Écoute Miguel when are you gonna understand that I don't give two flying fucks about your little boyfriend." My eyes widen in surprise from Pavol's use of profanity. He never speaks like this around me.

"He's not my boyfriend!" Miguel slams his fist against the table while his face flushes from embarrassment. Students around us turn to see what all the ruckus is about. Pavol looks around and smirks.

"Yeah, yeah sure, by the way you talk about him, my best guess is that you've got a little crush on your so-called best friend." Miguel's fists ball up tightly. Even though I'm sitting on the other side of the lunch table I can feel his anger radiating off him. Why is Pavol provoking him? 

"Shut the fuck up Pavol!" A group of students sitting at the table behind us turn around, they all stare with their beady little eyes waiting for something to happen. Miguel takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. He slowly lets breaths out and repeats the same technique until his anger has nearly subsided. Miguel leans over the table and stares Pavol down, In a low menacing tone he speaks.

"Listen Pavol don't push me or I'l-."

"Tu vas faire quoi?" Pavol has his charming smile that pushes Miguel over the edge. The tension is so thick I could cut it with a knife. Not wanting Miguel to blow his top I tug on Pavol's arm and look up at him. 

"Pavol can you just maybe just simmer down a bit your drawing attention." His eyes shift from me to Miguel then back to me. His hand finds its way onto my thigh and he moves it up and down my leg which sends jolts of heat through my body. Through gritted teeth, he speaks.

"Fine."

After school

I walk out of school and head towards the cross light but I'm stopped by no one other than Pavol.

"Hey, I almost forgot to give you these." He places the red envelope into my backpack along with my dad's pants I gave him yesterday. With nothing more than a kiss on the cheek and a  wink, he's gone rushing towards the bus before it leaves. I watch as he runs in and finds a seat. As the bus begins to drive away I look through the tinted windows to see Pavol staring at me with a longing look on his face.  Grinning to myself I head home.

15 minutes later

"Oh my  god!" I throw the letter onto my bed and take a breath. How can he be so bold to write all his emotions down like that? My heart thumps as I think back to yesterday afternoon. Us doing it on my bed! Hearing him moan and the way his lips felt on mine, me gasping for air. "Ahhh it wasn't even real sex," I scream to myself while I pull on my hair. Falling back onto my bed and onto my stuffed animals, I grasp the letter to my chest absorbing his words. Staring at the ceiling a mirage of his face finds its way into my thoughts. Visions of him smiling, laughing, whispering to me with his sweet french accent and the way he looks at me. Oh my god is it possible that I'm falling in love?!  My body heats up just thinking about him. I twist and turn on my bed while grabbing my stuffed bear. I can't believe that someone so gorgeous could like me!  

Suddenly I hear the house alarm beep signalling that someone has entered the house. I immediately sit up and run into the hall. I stare down from the upstairs hallway and down at the front foyer. Standing below me are my parents. They've got suitcases behind them along with shopping bags full of who knows what.

"Hi Mommy, Hi Daddy!" Excitedly I rush down the stairs nearly face-planting after missing a step. My mom embraces me into a huge bear hug along with my dad. I've missed them so much.

"So Avery how have you been holding up for the past two weeks?" I shrug my shoulders while my parents slip off their coats. I grab both of their luggage and lug them into the living room. They look happy to be back home or well in our new house.

"Have you been adjusting well to your new school?" My mother unzips her suitcase and begins pulling out a bunch of souvenirs from their vacation. A calligraphy brush, a jade necklace, map, silver chopsticks. My parents have endeavoured to collect the most meaningful pieces from each country they visit. After visiting China I believe that they've completely achieved their tour of Asia. I wonder what's next?...

"Oh yeah I-uh I actually made two friends, they're brothers actually." Both my parents look at me perplexed. My mom turns to my dad, they've both got the same inquisitive look on their faces.

"Oh, that's wonderful Avery... You know what now that we're back you should invite your friends over for dinner." My mom and dad both nod their heads in agreement. 

"Oh yeah sure, I can ask them tomorrow." I bite my lip nervously and help my parents unpack. I can't believe I just lied straight to their faces. I totally excluded the part that I've got a boyfriend. Hell based on their reaction after I told them that I've made two friends that happen to be of the opposite sex I don't even want to know how they'll react when they find out that I'm dating one of them! Never mind the fact the Pavol and I were literally making out in my room. Ugh!

(Make sure to like and comment ;)