THIRTY

Glass shattered everywhere.

Avani ran and snached up her stone as Azalea jolted up immediately.

She frantically put it on her necklace with shaking hands.

"Well, well, well," Azalea said, "took you awhile to figure out how to get out. Thought you were smarter than this."

Avani growled while tying the end of her necklace. "You're not getting away with this, Azalea."

As soon as Avani managed to tie her necklace together, she felt fresh again. Power ran through her veins and her eyes went back to it's bright green colour.

"Hmm, I'm not?"

Avani clenched her fists.

"You know, I actually planned everything."

"What?"

"Cole's death, Datura's death, Paytra's death, all of it. I was the one who planned it. I'm actually quite proud of it, actually." she shrugged.

Avani's jaw dropped. "Did you murder a whole village of people too? To frame me?"

"Oh yeah!" She smiled. "I forgot about that. It was too easy to fake an identity. Too easy to frame someone. If you didn't point out the fingerprints, my life would've been easier."

"What?"

"They would've gave you the death penalty, of course. That way, I can kill Paytra myself, take the throne, and finally get rid of those selfish humans. None of them deserves an easy death." Azalea growled.

"All humans? Maybe some of them, but not all of them!"

Azalea laughed. "Oh, Avani. You just don't get it, do you? They're all the same. Every single of one of them. They come into your life, destroy you, and leave as if nothing happened. And you make the same mistake of trusting them every single time because you think 'maybe they'll change', but no! They're still the same, always the same. They promised that they're not going to, they even pinky promised. And they still did. They all turn out to be disgusting creatures."

A tear dropped from her eye.

"I still remember. When he came into my life."

"..He?" Avani asked.

"He was there for me when no one was. He showed me that he cared. He let me cry when I needed to. He didn't question my choices, and instead, encouraged them. He knew that I had a history of my close friends leaving me, family leaving me, and he promised. He went as far as pinky promising that he wouldn't. He said he was different from the rest, and I believed. He was the one person in my life who I could trust," spat Azalea. "Until she came along. She ruined everything. Everything that we had, even if it was no more than friendship. She zoomed in and got closer with him and it was so clear that I was slowly being forgotten. Slowly turning into the third wheel. And it was all because of her."

Avani slowly started to relax her tense fighting position and sat down.

Azalea swallowed and blinked back tears. "I had everything I wanted. But there must always be a bad that comes with the good. He ditched me completely for her."

Avani could feel her heart ache for Azalea.

"And he broke the promise."

Azalea grabbed a tissue and dabbed at her eyes.

"...what did you do next?"

Azalea laughed darkly. "Guess."

Avani's heart sank and her face turned pale. "You...killed him?"