SIX

Avani cautiously stood up as every human's eyes snapped to her.

She tensed, what did they want?

A woman around the age of 20 floated over to her.

She was beautiful with her long wavy blonde hair that dangled below her shoulder blades, her piercing blue eyes, staring into Avani's soul...

But there was something different about those eyes...

They look wasted.

No, not the drunk type of wasted.

They looked hopeless, lifeless...worthless.

A few seconds of an intense stare down went by and Avani sighed.

She wanted to get out of here, but it seemed like she really needed that shining object.

So she gently pushed the woman out of her way and took a step forward.

Immediately, all of the people surrounding her held their blades, torches, and spears and pointed them at Avani.

Without thinking twice, Avani flexed her arms forward and made fists.

Nothing happened for a split second until the nature came crashing down on her.

She was lifted up in the air with the help of trees. Her hands were glowing a shade of green and had small branches and leaves twisted on her fingers.

Avani's green eyes, now another shade darker, scanned over the angry-looking mob of people and quickly calculated the path she would have to fight through to get to the guarded object.

A spear flew just by Avani's right ears as the crowd of people began to process what was going on. They screamed, chanted, and threatened to kill her.

A smirk made its way up to Avani's face.

She knew exactly how to get to the object.

But she needed a little help from the nature.

Not sure about what she was doing, she reached her right hand to the left and pulled back, then, she reached above her head and drew an upside down triangle.

Her left hand automatically swung and made a full 360 circle as her right hand went back up.

Her glowing hand was above her head as they started to throw more and more weapons at Avani.

Suddenly, with a flash of green, her hand now held her dream weapon.

A wand.

Just as Avani was about to smile, a blade flew up to her and hit and stabbed her right in the arm.

She yelped in pain as her blood began to pour out.

Her throat was dry when the humans set a section of the forest on fire.

No.

They're not winning this fight.

Avani stood up from her seated position and pointed the wand at the fire.

She made a motion of the upside down triangle with a line and the fire dismissed immediately.

All eyes were snapped to her once again as she smiled a toothy grin.

"Who's having fun now?"

Without warning, everyone threw their weapons at the exact same time as Avani ran for it.

She swung her wand at whoever got close within 4 feet.

Of course, the blades and the flames cut and burned her, but she narrowed her focus down to the guards.

The same woman stood in front of her again and held her knife up to Avani's neck.

Her other hand choked Avani, making it hard for her to breathe.

Just as Avani thought she couldn't take it anymore, she forcefully jabs her wand at the woman's face and her head set on fire.

Avani's eyes teared up, who was she? Why was she killing all these innocent people?

No, stop.

They were trying to kill her.

Innocent? Yeah, right.

Avani fought and fought and fought until everyone but her and the guards were standing.

The guards, they never moved.

But as soon as she got in within 6 feet, the guards drew their bow and arrows and aimed at Avani.

Avani dodged, ran, and used her wand's magic to protect herself, but she felt weak against the plastic arrows they were using.

They seemed to know her weakness.

One of the arrows pinned her shirt against the tree and she almost stopped breathing.

It was so close to her bare skin.

Avani gulped as the two guards walked closer to her.

She wasn't scared of them.

She was scared of the amount of plastic they held, ready to use against Avani if she dared to move.

And of course, she had to.

The shining object was just like her stone, it called to her, making her want to touch it.

It was almost irresistible.

Her eyes narrowed.

"I don't think you heard me before, but no one is getting in my way anymore."

And just like that, Avani ran to the plastic guarded object as she shrieked in pain when the guards took notice and stabbed her with the sharp plastics.

Avani jerked her head in the direction of the guards and punched one of them right in the face as she heard a crack. Her same arm elbowed the second guard in the stomach and she knew it would still hurt through the armor.

With one swift movement, she zapped both of the guards and they fell lifeless immediately.

She turned and faced the object as the plastic crumbled down with the guards.

Finally.