Thanksgiving Part 2

"Before we eat, I'd like everyone to go around and say what they're thankful for" said Amy.

Jake sighed. "Fine, I'll go first. I am thankful that Thanksgiving only comes once a year. People stuff themselves, and then at midnight, they run to appliance stores and trample each other to death. It's a garbage holiday." Jake sniffled. "I'm sorry, I just get so emotional when I talk about how bogus Thanksgiving is."

"I'll just go. I actually prepared a little something" Amy said, holding up her speech and putting down her wine glass.

"You did?" you asked, pretending to be surprised.

"When I was a little girl, playing cops and robbers with my brothers - " Amy began to say.

Holt's phone began to ring. "Excuse me" said Holt, getting out of his chair to take the call. "Continue, Santiago."

"I could wait" said Amy.

"No waiting, just toasting. I want you to toast. Now I want to eat toast. Give me some toast" Terry said as Holt walked back towards the table.

"Okay, I'll be right there" Holt said, pressing the 'end call' button on his phone. "I have to head back to the precinct."

"No. Why?" Amy asked.

"Someone stole $10,000 from the evidence lock-up" said Holt, putting his jacket on.

"Yes! Oh, awesome" said Jake happily, getting out of his chair.

"Why is that awesome?" you asked, confused.

"It's a case. Holt said I could hop on any case that came along. It's a Thanksgiving miracle" said Jake. "Have fun, you guys. Let's roll!"

And with that, Jake and Holt left Amy's apartment.

---------------

"Santiago, can we please, please eat?" Terry asked desperately.

"What if Captain Holt and Jake are coming back?" Amy asked, pacing the room.

"Hang on. I have a toast" said Charles, standing up. "I am thankful to have someone in my life who gives me a reason to get out of bed every morning. And I hope that my relationship with this person will only grow more intimate."

"Who are you talking about?" Gina asked.

"Um, Hitchcock" Charles said hastily.

"Okay, enough is enough. I'm eating" said Terry.

"Same" you agreed.

Terry took a massive bite of food, and grunted loudly, causing everyone to look at him confused.

"What's in these?" Terry exclaimed, making you put down your fork on your plate.

"Potatoes, butter, a little milk. And I ran out of salt so I used baking soda" said Amy.

"You didn't go out and buy more salt?" you asked.

"Why wouldn't you? They're both white powders. Of course they're interchangeable" said Terry, his eyes watering a little bit.

"Yeah" said Amy.

----------------

An hour later, you and the rest of the squad were still sat around the table.

"Anyone want seconds?" offered Amy.

Terry shook his head. "Can't. I'm stuffed."

Scully came out of the restroom. "Amy, the toilet's overflowing."