The Wednesday Incident Part 1

Jake stood at the front of the briefing room. "All right, this is where we stand. This nightclub is the home base for the Maric crime syndicate. I've been tracking the club owner, Vladimir Drogic, aka The Dragon, aka my first perp with a cool nickname."

"What about El Baboso, The Dagger?" asked Charles.

"Yeah, turns out Rosa was lying about that. El Baboso actually means 'the slug'" said Jake.

Rosa laughed. "Ha ha, tonto. That means 'dumb-dumb.'"

"It was very cruel. I referred to myself as El Baboso to several beautiful ladies who spoke Spanish. 

"Oh, that's your type, isn't it, Jakey? Like Sophia and y/-?" asked Charles, before Jake cut him off.

"Anyway, The Dragon is involved in several counts of human trafficking as well as..." said Jake as some official looking men walked in and began to take away his board of evidence and information. "I'm sorry, what's going on? Who are you?"

"Drexel with the Organized Crime unit. I'm here for the Maric case materials" Drexel said. 

"Oh, are you? Well, we'll see what my captain has to say about this" Jake said. 

"Thank you for taking the materials. Make sure you also pick up the files that are on Peralta's desk" said Holt, as the Organized Crime unit guys picked up the board and files.

"Wow, that is not how I saw it playing out. Sir, I thought you said this was my case" Jake said.

"I gave you two weeks. I'm done fending off the Organized Crime unit. Squad, since Peralta's briefing was cut short, you can all use this time to clean up your desks. Look at this place: Half eaten food, crumpled tissues, pictures of your families" said Holt, pointing at Terry's desk.

"The tissues were my fault. I had a cold last week and forgot to put the tissues in the bin" you said.

"What's wrong with pictures?" asked Terry.

"If you love someone, you'll remember what they look like" Holt said. He picked up something off Jake's desk. "What is this?"

"Rubber band ball" answered Jake.

"Keep your bands in a box or a bag. Since you all apparently have time to play throw, I'm cancelling overtime for the month. Effective immediately. Get to work! And de-ball these bands" said Holt.

 Get to work! And de-ball these bands" said Holt

The entire squad was down in the evidence room. 

"What is going on?" you asked.

"Holt's been in a bad mood all week. Did somebody do something bad to set him off?" asked Jake.

"Jake, are you seriously asking why Captain Holt is mad?" said Terry.

"What do you mean?" Jake asked.

"The Wednesday Incident" Terry said.  

Jake walked into Holt's office with two glasses and a drink. "Hey, hey, just closed my tenth felony of the month, and I thought we could celebrate."

"Might I remind you that this is a police precinct and it's 10:00am in the morning?" said Holt.

"Thought you might say that. That's why this is non-alcoholic sparkling cider. There is absolutely nothing you could be mad about" said Jake. He popped the cork and it flew up in the air, and caused Holt's sprinkler to rain all over his desk. "Uh-oh."

"No, no, no, look, I was the first one in on Wednesday" said Jake.

"This story's already full of holes" Gina said.

"He was in a bad mood before those sprinklers went off. Something must have happened at home" Jake said.

"Dude, just admit that you ruined everything and turned our lives into a living hell. No biggie" said Rosa.

"You guys, this is not my fault. Boyle, you believe me right?" asked Jake.

"Don't make me do this, Jake" said Charles, shaking his head.

"Betrayed!" said Jake. "All right, you know what? Fine. I'm gonna prove to all of you that something else is responsible for his bad mood. It's probably Boyle."

---------------------

Charles walked into the bullpen, smiling. "Ladies and gentlemen, six banks robbed in three weeks, $250,000 stolen, citizens trembling in fear. Well, no more."

"Boyle, you got your bank robber" said Terry enthusiastically.

"Went home last night, no overtime - Just me and some brie and I cracked it. So, here he is. The thug that has been terrorizing the city. Say hello, Marvin" said Charles.

Marvin, an elderly man, was led into the bullpen by one of the uniformed officers.

"Hello" he said, smiling at everyone.

"Oh, my God, he's so old" said Amy.

"He's not that old. His nurse isn't even full-time" Charles said.

"But he's old enough to have a nurse" you said.

"He couldn't pull off a bank job. He couldn't pull off the cap on his medicine" said Amy.

"I can hear you" said Marvin.

"Sorry" said Amy as Marvin sat down. 

"Hey, this guy is a ruthless criminal" Charles said.

"I'm sorry, sir. Is this gonna take long?" asked Marvin. "'Cause I was hoping to buy some slacks this afternoon. I like corduroy. You like corduroy?"

"I love corduroy" Amy said.

"He likes corduroy" said Charles.

"You sure you have the right guy?" you asked.

"Wasn't the robber strong and fast?" asked Amy.

"And able to eat solid foods?" Rosa asked.

"Nobody saw him eat. The guy wore a rubber mask, and his voice was disguised" said Charles.

"My system is a little unsettled. Could I trouble you for a ginger ale?" asked Marvin.

"Oh, of course, sir. We'll get that and a comfy chair for you to sit in" Amy said.

"Yeah" you said, walking away with Rosa and Amy.

Sorry for not updating over the weekend. I was ill and had a cold. Also this is the one hundredth part to this story!! Not the one hundredth chapter though.