Ch-6 Won't be forgotten

2DAYS LATER
ALEC'S POV

I couldn't bear to watch Fred's parents cry in front of his grave. He was just a 19 year old nerd. His girlfriend kept weeping near his grave throughout the funeral.

Well,he got someone who loved him apart from his parents.

He was our leading informant. He would always give us all the details that we would ask him for.

He would work day and night to get things done for us. Just for around $100 a month.

I am glad that we weren't held responsible for his death by his parents.

Kevin was still on a holiday,he needed more time than me.
He was more closer to Fred than I was.

I must be back to this case.
I don't want any of my friends or close ones die. I have to protect Mr Watson's family  too.

I hailed a cab .

" Towards Xterm street."

15 MINUTES LATER

As soon as I entered the house, I was greeted by Mr Watson with a sympathized look on his face .

" Detective Alec,I knew what happened. I am sorry for your lo-"

" I needed to talk to Alice. You told me that she knew something?" I asked.

Mr Watson sighed

" Sorry,you will have to wait. She went to a party at her friend's house."

"You know that your daughter's life is in danger and still you are allowing her to roam freely?" I asked in a stern tone.

Mr Watson hesitated.

I smiled sadly. Its not easy to be a father of 4, afterall. I spoke,

" Sir,I am not telling you to imprison Alice but you must differentiate between what is necessary and what is not."

" I know. I will talk to her about this later." Mr Watson said.

" Glad to hear that ,Mr Watson.  Can you tell me what was that thing that only Alice knew?" I asked.

" Actually, one of her co workers and friend was found dead on road. It was declared a road accident. "

" How is this related to the danger on Alice? " I asked.

" When she went to see her friend in the  Marshes hospital ,it was too late by then.
After half an hour later,she came back panting and sobbing. She kept crying that she is the next target."

" And you believed her?" I asked.

" My daughter can never lie. And why would she? There is nothing I haven't provided her!" Mr Watson argued.

" I am touched with your bonding. Is the body of her friend still in the hospital?" I asked.

"No, it had been buried during his funeral." Mr Watson replied.

"But his postmortem reports are in the hospital. Think it will help?"

" Indeed it will. Must check them out." I said and began walking out of the mansion.

" A-Alec!"

I turned back.

" Yes ,Mr Watson?"

" Can you pick Alice from the party? She is at her friend Liz's house two blocks ahead. Please? " He asked.

" You know that I came here by public transport. I have to pay every time."

" I am really sorry. I will make sure she never goes out unnecessarily." Mr Watson said.

I smiled

" That's what I wanted to hear ,Mr Watson."

I went back to the road.
Time for another cab.

KEVIN'S POV

"So its the house of the first victim." I muttered.

Alec thinks  that I am on a holiday, mourning  over Fred's death.

But no.

I must finish that fucking killer first.

I had searched all the murder reports related to that beast like  killer.

Nothing taken,only murders.

A lunatic indeed.

A new York resident witnessed the first murder. Tomorrow ,I  will go and meet him.

I won't take Alec with me. We must work separately for sometime to speed up the case's progress.

Together, we will put the killer down.