CH-16 IS IT OVER?

ALEC'S POV

" It wasn't your fault, Alec. It was the drug that drove Flint crazy. Moreover, what you did was an act of self-defense." Alice said as she brought a cup of coffee for me.

I was in the mansion of Watson family  at that time. It was already past 10 pm.

The cops had declared me not guilty for Flint's death as what I did was necessary in order to protect my life.

The killer's suit and helmet was discovered in Flint's house , proving him the serial killer that was terrorizing the area.

" Drink the coffee already!" Alice said, almost  pushing the entire cup into my mouth.

As I was about to take a sip from the cup, I held my mouth.

" What happened!? Are you alright!?" Alice asked anxiously.

" Where's the bathroom!?" I asked in a weak tone.

Alice quickly led me to her bathroom where I emptied my stomach in the sink.

" I am so sorry. I just never killed anyone before." I mumbled as I washed my face.

" Its fine." Alice said with a smile as she held my arm.

" Now! Back to bed!" She said in a stern tone.

" I must leave for my house now." I muttered, trying to get away from her.

" Won't you recieve your payment for the case?" Alice asked.

" Mr Watson would pay me online." I replied.

" Damn, you found the killer too fast. I was already purchasing my things." Alice said in an angry tone.

" Things for what?" I asked.

" Things to wear when I would have gone out with you." She replied.

" What!?"

" F-Forget it!! Forget it, you dumb!!!" Alice shrieked, her cheeks getting red as she almost punched me in my face.

Alice's room's door opened and Derek walked in.

" I hope you aren't doing any weird stuff." He said with a grin.

" I will lose my virginity to dollar notes only." I replied in a sarcastic tone.

" How is it even biologically possible?" Alice asked  in amazement.

" Dad's calling you downstairs. Better come fast." Derek said.

I walked out of the room with Derek and went downstairs where Mr and Mrs Watson were waiting for me.

" I hope you are alright, son!" Mrs Watson said in a cheerful tone as she hugged me.

" I-I don't know h-how can you be cheerful when I have killed your driver." I said, my cheeks turning a bit red.

" I would never ever care for someone who has killed my friend and his family. Let it be even my wife." Mr Watson said.

" Dearrrrrr, I can listen you very well." Mrs Watson chirped as she streched Mr Watson's cheeks.

They surely are energetic for a couple in their 40s.

" Anyway, Alec. I have a request for you." Mr Watson said.

" What is it, sir?" I asked.

" Me and my wife are going out for some personal business so I need you and Kevin to stay here for a day." Mr Watson said.

" Derek told me about it. But don't you have security guards near the mansion?" I asked.

" My security incharge Volt would be on leave tomorrow so this gives the rest of the guards a day off too. We don't rely that much on our guards,  anyway." Mr Watson said.