CH-15 SWEET VISIT

ALEC'S POV

" Alright, I have got the address. Time to pay Flint a visit." I said as I got up from Kevin's couch.

" Want me to join you?" Kevin asked.

" I just need you to drop me to his house. Then go to the store where Alice works part time. She is the only one who stays out of the house till 7 pm." I said.

" Well, I don't want her to kick me in the nuts once again." Kevin said with an anxious look on his face.

I and Kevin went outside and sat in his car.

" What's the address?" Kevin asked as he started the engine.

" The message says 12 exterm street." I muttered, looking at my smartphone.

" That's not pretty far from Wastson family's house. Lets go." Kevin said before stepping on accelerator.

15 MINUTES LATER

As we arrived at the given address, I identified Flint's house.

Mr Watson had sent me a screen shot of Flint's house.

I wonder how creepy he would have looked when he took a picture of Flint's house.

As I got off the car, I saw a man in a black tuxedo leaving Flint's house.

" That's Volt, Mr Watson's security incharge." Kevin muttered from inside the car.

" The guy who gave you Mr Watson's address?" I asked, looking at Kevin.

He nodded.

" Long time no see, detectives!" Mr Volt said as he and I shook hands.

" Excuse me, Mr Volt. Can I ask what are you doing here?" I asked with a smile.

" I manage Mr Watson's security. I need to inspect his driver well." Mr Volt said with a smile.

That wasn't a strong reason at all.

Before I could say anything, Volt sat inside a black car in front of Kevin's and drove away.

" Alright, catch ya later." Kevin said before driving away.

I noticed that Flint was looking at me from  the front door.

" Mr Flint or I say, former guard of the Smiths." I said with a smile as I walked towards him.

" You are that punk who tried to fool us that day." Flint grumbled.

" Correction, fooled ya that day. And that with a lame trap." I said with a chuckle.

" State your business." Flint muttered in an irritating manner.

" I want to ask you some questions relating to the murder of the Smiths." I said.

" And who gave you the authority?" He asked.

" Your employer." I said before showing him Mr Watson's contact and his message with my smartphone.

After a while, he muttered,

" Come in."

Within a few moments, I and Flint were sitting opposite to each other, on a couch.

" During your guard duty at the Smiths, you must have had a lunch break, right? You must have left your place, right?" I asked.

" Jim and I live close by. He used to bring both our lunch boxes." Flint replied.

" Jim, is he the other guard?" I asked.

Flint nodded.

" So the gate was always guarded, right?" I asked.

" Of course." Flint replied.

" You and Jim live close by. You must have his number, right?" I asked.

" I have it." Flint muttered in a low tone.

" Gimme that." I said.

" I can't give you anyone's personal detail like this." Flint said in a lesser confidence than he had before.

" Are you trying to hide something?" I asked, showing him my identity card.

" Damn you." He muttered before speaking out the number.

I dialed Bill.

My first call was ignored.

I dialed again.

"Pick up, you ass." I muttered angrily.

He picked up!

" Who's there?" Bill asked.

" Its Alec, the detective you met that night." I said.

" You mean the guy who fooled us!? I am gonna shoot you!! Gimme your address!" Bill said angrily.

" Please forget it for a while. I am currently on the murder case of  the Smiths. I want you to answer my question. Will ya?" I asked.

" As long as they are sensible, I will." Bill replied.

" Great, now tell me, did you used to bring Flint's lunchbox with you?" I asked.

" I did, are you with Flint!? Tell him that he still owes me 10 dollars for the bullets!!" Bill yelled.

" Was he with you on the day of murder?" I asked Bill.

" Actually, I was the one who got late in arriving that day. Mr Volt and his men stopped me in my way and started scolding me for leaving my guard duty. I tried to explain them that Flint was still at gate but he didn't listened." Bill explained.

As I continued to talk to Bill, my eyes went on Flint.

He was taking something.........

It was a white powder!

" Hey! What's that?" I asked as I quickly got up.

Before I could reach for my gun, Flint pounced on me and pinned me on the ground.

As I struggled to get him off me, Flint punched me in the face.

Then, he grabbed my neck with both hid arms.

His grip......

It was too strong!!!

I could almost feel my cartilage rings being crushed!

Does the drug affects the intaker that quick!?

I tried to struggle but in vain.

" You should have minded your own business." Flint muttered, gritting his teeth angrily.

" Detective stuff is my business, you ass." I hissed with a chuckle as I managed to grab his area between the legs and grabbed it tightly.

He felt nothing!! No reaction!!

Fucking drugs!!!!

My vision was getting blurry by now.

Is this the end?

I don't wanna die.

I......don't.......wanna die.

Atleast..... Not without my paycheck.

Suddenly, Flint removed his grip from my neck and held his neck.

In no time, he was coughing up blood!!

Is this Dymforous's effect!?

I kicked Flint off me and crawled back.

As Flint stumbled towards the kitchen, I followed him with my gun in my hand.

As I entered the kitchen, I saw him with a knife in his hand.

" D-Die!!!!!" He roared, blood still flowing from his mouth as he rushed towards me.

*BANG!!!!!*

Flint fell on the ground like a sack of bricks as I shot him in the chest.

" Dammit!!" I muttered as I quickly dialed ambulance's number.

What the heck is that drug?