CH-14 AN ATTEMPT

KEVIN'S POV

" Thanks for watching over me , I thought that it might be my last day!" Gary said with a chuckle as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

" Eww! Back off! You are literally bathing in sweat!" I shrieked before stumbling back.

As we walked outside the gym, Gary asked,

" We are throwing a party day after tomorrow. Would you like to come?"

" What's the occassion?" I asked.

" Mom and dad are going out of town to meet mom's mother. She is ill." Gary replied.

" And you are planning to take full advantage of it? Some spoiled brat you are." I said with a chuckle.

" Whatever, you guys comming or not?" Gary asked.

" You are asking a complete stranger to come to your house. Your surviving skills are in negative, I guess." I muttered as I rolled my eyes.

" Come on! We know you very well! Look, I even knew your address!" Gary said.

Suddenly, my phone rang.

Alec was calling.

I picked up the call.

" Wazzup? You did your task?" I asked Alec.

" Kevin, I think I know who is the murderer." Alec muttered.

" Wait, what? I mean, if its you who is guessing then chances are slim." I said with a chuckle.

" First of all, that killer is no freaking ghost, phantom,  banshee or any supernatural ass! The killer takes some sort of drugs before performing executions!" Alec said.

" So that white powder turned out to be a drug!? And you were hiding it in my house!? You are gonna get me in a big trouble one day." I muttered.

" Whatever, I think that the killer is one of two guards of Smith family." Alec said.

" I don't believe it, they looked too dumb to even do their tasks." I said in surprise.

" I am just guessing it." Alec muttered.

" Guesses won't take us anywhere, Alec." I said.

" Are you with Gary right now?" Alec asked.

" Yeah, he is walking beside me, we just came out of gym." I muttered.

" Ask him if his family knows anything about those two guards. They must have visited Smiths many times." Alec said.

" Gary, do you know anything about the two guards of Smiths?" I asked.

" Nope, almost nothing." Gary replied.

" And your parents? Do they know anything?" I asked.

" I don't think so. We never had a conversation with the guards." Gary replied, his face close to my phone.

" That's unfortunate." Alec muttered.

" But dad gave one of them a job. He is dad's driver now." Gary said.

" What!? You turned a guard into a driver!?"  Alec asked in surprise.

" Dude, he had a clean driver record with a driving license. He even used to be a driver in his 20s ." Gary said.

" What's his name?" Alec asked.

" Flint Strom, we have no complains regarding him right now." Gary said.

" Will he drive your dad and mom to your grandma's house?" Alec asked.

" Obviously." Gary muttered.

" When will your parents depart?" Alec asked.

" Tomorrow,  early morning. " Gary replied.

" Can I talk to him?" Alec asked.

" You are on a case, you have full authority." Gary said.

" Thanks. Tell your dad to message me his address. He has my number with him." Alec replied before hanging up.

" Geez, he has no manners. Hanged u before even saying bye." Gary said.

" Nevermind him, he forgets most of the things when he gets dedicated." I said as I placed my phone back in my pocket.

" Alright! Enough break!" Gary said as he began to jog.

" No, No, don't you-"

" Next stop, my home!!" Gary yelled before jogging ahead.

" Fuck you." I muttered with a sigh before walking ahead.