25

aaaaaand we're back! did you miss me? you didn't think i'd give you a normal update without a little cliffhanger right? apologies for that. hope you enjoy!

- A x

EDIT: sorry for numbering chapter wrong!

--

Loki's POV

They were all dead. I saw them all dead. Yet this one warrior. This one bastard. He got her. He got her when she least expected it. He caught the back of her head with the hilt of his sword. She fell unconscious, and I lost control of my body. I sprinted as fast as I could. Jane picked up her sword and hit him as hard as she could, killing him. I ran straight to (y/n).

I cradled her face in my hands. Her eyes were open but hazy. 

"(y/n). (y/n). Listen to me. Can you hear me?" I looked up in desperation. Thor was still fighting the minotaur. She groaned slightly as a response. "(y/n). It's going to be alright. I love you. You hear me? Stay awake for me."

My tears splashed onto her face. I pressed my forehead against hers, knowing in that moment what I must do. She deserves a peaceful life. One without pain, sorrow or misery. I need to make sure of it. I kissed her lips tenderly and turned to Jane. 

"You must look after where whilst I am gone."

"Head trauma." Jane mumbled, seeming to be in shock. "I will take care of her. Please help Thor." I nodded at her and took off on my heel. I took a large pike and watched as my brother was pummelled by the beast. I stabbed it through his heart from behind. It slowly stood up, turned around to face me. Little did it know, it was not facing me but a projection of me. I watched as Thor stared in horror as my body was pulled through the pike towards the minotaur. 

"Don't pay attention to me you fool. Go and help her." I growled to myself. It was quite strange watching myself die. Thor cried over me, which was also very strange. Finally, Jane brought his attention back to (y/n). I watched her explain to Thor what had happened and he nodded, looking up to the sky and disappearing. I watched Malekith's ship disappear, knowing it was heading to earth, so at least Thor would be busy. Time to put my plan into action.

--

Your POV

I woke up in what seemed to be my second home - in Eir's care. My head was aching, yet the memories came flooding back.

"Loki? Thor? Are they alright?" Eir was tending to another patient, and jumped at the sound of my voice. I glanced over her shoulder to see me, staring in terror.

"(y-y/n), you're awake."

"Yes. What happened?" My heart was pounding. Please be okay please be okay please be okay.

"You have been asleep for so long, (y/n). I-I need to inform L- Odin. I need to inform Odin."

"Odin? Please just tell me where Loki is!" I cried out. Eir got up and rushed the patient she was treating, a young girl who had fallen out of a tree, out into the separate rooms. She was gone for what seemed like hours. I lay in bed and cried silently, fearing the worst. Not knowing what my life would be like without him. I was just starting to get him back, and he might already be gone.

"Why the tears, my love?" I heard his soothing voice say. Before I could even look at him, I let out a sob as more tears escaped. Relief washed over my body as I turned to see him standing before me with a smile. "You were asleep for a long time."

I reached out my arms, begging for his embrace. He gladly accepted, burying his face into the crook of my neck just like he did when protecting me.

"I'm so sorry for what I said. I don't hate you." He pulled away and hovered over me, gently using the back of his fingers to brush away my tears.

"I know, love. It was to trick them. I didn't want to risk you being hurt. Glad to know I've still got it in me." He smirked, leaning forward and placing a kiss on my forehead. It felt almost electric between us. A bond which cannot be broken. Our souls were one. "I must tell you something love."

"Anything. Did Odin let you free? What is happening? Is Thor okay?"

"Thor is on midgard. He doesn't know I am alive." 

My stomach dropped. Nothing is ever normal with this man.

"Loki... what did you do?"

"I saw you lying on that battlefield. My heart broke for you. You spend so much of your life in this damned hospital wing. I wanted you to have a happy life with no stress, so I came up with a plan. I faked my death, sent my father to Midgard. I am Odin now. It is only you, and your good friend Eir who knows who I really am. I will be Loki to you, my love, but for your safety we must keep it quiet. So... he doesn't find us."

"He?"

He bit his lip and stayed quiet. I knew who 'he' was. Thanos. 

"Say no more, my love." I whispered. "For us. For our future."

He smiled and held my hand, pressing it against my chest. I felt a wave of happiness wash over me. Finally.