3

This one is a long one! I hope you guys are enjoying this! Some of you may have noticed that Loki is a nice guy (in a way) which is way out of character, but this is before the main events of Thor so I think he would be a little bit nicer and forgiving because he's still a sad boi at this time :( don't worry if nasty Loki is your thing he'll be coming up soon!

A x

---

The great hall was full of important people across Asgard. Extra decorations, including a bright velvet red carpet and golden statues added to the fantasy grandeur of the palace. The maids were assigned to line the walls, ready to jump to any guest's aid if needed. I shuffled my feet, as they still hurt. Standing on them was just going to make them worse, but there was nothing I could do. Mass amounts of cheer erupted as the guards led Thor into the hall. He walked down the avenue toward Odin. I looked over at Loki, who was standing with his head down and hands clasped in front of his stomach. I had a strange butterfly feeling in my stomach. Stop it, (y/n).

I began to daydream during the ceremony. That was until, there was a pause. A pause that didn't happen during the rehearsal earlier this morning. I furrowed my brow in confusion. Then, a soft whisper from Odin.

"Frost Giants."

My hands gripped tightly when I heard those words. Odin gets up and begins to stride down the avenue towards the door. Thor at his heels, Loki not too far behind. The doors slammed behind them. 

"Everyone shall stay here until the Allfather has declared safety."

People began to panic. I glanced over at Dahlia, who looked as scared as everyone else. We gave each other a oh fuck, what the fuck do we do? look. What do we do in a situation like this? I decide to stay where I was like all of the other maids were doing. I think the rest of them were too scared to move.

We spent 30 agonising minutes standing stiff, hoping that the Allfather would deal with it. He would, we knew he would. Gods, how long does it take?

Finally, the guards open the doors again and Odin strides in with Thor, no Loki though. I sigh and help the other maids guide everyone out to the courtyard.

The guests left early and Odin spent the rest of the day investigating how the Frost Giants entered the palace. Anette, Laila and I ran to Thors aid once again. We went into his room and he was going apeshit. Throwing stuff around, breaking stuff.

"Your highness..." Anette stepped forward and tried to butt in, but was silenced by the smashing of a glass vial near her head against the wall. I gasped.

"Please your highness, let us help you clean this up." I say.

"Leave my room, at once." Thor snarled. Anette and Laila hurried out of the room. "Now." And I was gone. Loki was hanging around outside.

"I heard smashing. He isn't throwing another temper tantrum is he?" Loki sighed. I si#mply bowed my head and moved out of the way. Loki smirked.

"At least you tried maid. Go and fetch a bag and a sweep immediately." He said softly. That was weird. Usually he spits or talks condescendingly but not today. Maybe he is planning something.

I go and fetch the bag and sweep and knock tentatively on Thor's door. Loki answers it. 

"Ah yes, bag and sweep. Come in." 

Thor was still thrashing around angrily. Loki was still being unusually nice to me. I cower slightly before Thor, scared of what his strength may do to me. I begin to sweep up the glass and place it in the golden cotton bag, staying out of the way. Loki is still trying to deal with Thor.