31

At some point, I hit my head. One of Hela's soldiers came behind me and struck me while I was distracted. Loki managed to snake in and slit their throat, running to my aide. 

"Are you ok?" He hissed, I could tell he was angry at himself for not catching it in time.

"Yeah." I smiled back weakly, stopping a blow from a soldier that came up behind Loki. He cursed himself for getting further distracted and continued the fight. The massive wolf, which had appeared shortly before my arrival, was battling with a large-looking green man who I'd never seen before, but I was glad he was on our side. 

Suddenly, there was a crackle of lightning, and the soldiers all turned towards it. In their hundreds, they began to run towards the source, standing on top of one another and climbing to the sky in order to reach it. It was then that I realised exactly what - or who - this thing was. 

THOR?

I looked over at Loki, who stood with a smug smirk on his face. The fighting paused only briefly, and once again it began. I turned to see the Asgardian population struggling to board the ship which was our escape, so I ran to aid in helping them. Eir took my cue and followed, taking the other side and holding off soldiers so the city could board. I heard a familiar voice and looked up to see Hugo standing at the door to the ship, letting people on. I let a wave of relief flush over me as I realised he was safe. I looked back over my shoulder at the gleaming palace, and the world seemed to slow down.

This place, my home, Loki's home, my children's home.... what will come of it? I shook my head, forcing the thoughts away and concentrating on saving my peers. At that moment, a soldier appeared and swiped at my head. I ducked and kneed him in his manhood, where he doubled over and I snapped his neck. 

Before I could even turn to protect my back again, another soldier grabbed my neck and whispered something unintelligible in my ear. I wriggled out of his grip and saw a woman, beautiful with dark skin and silver armour, throw me her sword. I caught it and turned around, beheading the soldier where he stood. I turned around and passed her back the weapon, nodding my head in thanks. She smirked and winked at me as she caught the sword and pushed it through another soldiers chest.

The fighting finally calmed down, and Eir and I focused on the townsfolk once again, running casualties in and passing them to Eirs team. I looked up to see Loki, Thor and the silver armored woman looking down the bridge toward the palace, where Hela stood parallel to them. I saw Thor look back, his eye searching for me.

Wait, his eye?

I gasp and sprint over, pulling Thor back. 

"What happened?"

"Just a flesh wound." He said.

Hela began walking toward us.

"We just need to hold her off until everyone is on board." The silver woman said. She turned to me. "Valkyrie." 

"(y/n)." 

"It wont end there." Thor said, replying to Valkyrie. "The longer Hela is on Asgard the more powerful she grows. She'll hunt us down. We need to stop her here and now."

I felt my stomach drop as I thought back to earlier. What would come of our home.

Loki stood in front of me protectively, his hand not wielding a dagger sneaking behind him to feel I was still there, that I was real. 

"So what do we do?" Valkyrie presses, getting stressed. 

"I'm not doing "Get Help"." Loki stated plainly. I couldn't help but giggle, thinking of the memories of being a young maid watching the young boys play in the palace halls. The giggle ended abruptly when I thought of the palace.