23

So... it's been a while. I have a real bad habit of doing this guys. Same excuses - work and school. Anyway loads have happened in the Thor universe since the last chapter including Jane as female Thor! Really curious as to how they're gonna incorporate that into the story so far. Hope you guys like this chapter. Lotsa love!

- A x

---

I usually enjoyed the morning air in Asgard. My morning routine consisted of reading out on the balcony, watching the city come to life gradually.

Things were different now. Things were quiet, sombre. Although Frigga's funeral was almost a week ago now, it feels like it could've been not but the day before. I let out a small sigh and turned, heading back through my room and towards the door. The corridors of the palace were less quiet, with soldiers patrolling almost every single corner. I heard rumours being passed around that the Asgard defences were down and we were lying exposed. I hoped it was just a rumour as a pit in my stomach sat almost anticipating the next deadly attack. I headed toward the dining hall when I bumped into Thor. I tried to stop him.

"Oh, Thor I was just about to come and find you."

He turned and looked at me. His normal grand demeanour and cheery smile had dampened, his eyes had become sunken and his shoulders were covered with a black cape. He gave a half-hearted smile.

"(Y/n)." He greeted. Grief had tinged his voice.

"We need to avenge your mother. We need to be ready to avenge her." I stepped forward to him and grabbed his arm. He almost flinched as I touched him, looking down at my hand and then at me. He reached up with his other hand and held mines gently, pulling it away but not letting go.

"I have spoken to father. He does not want me to go alone but wants to let the army deal with it."

"But why? I don't understand. We must go and find Malekith before-"

"I know. I know." He looked around, making sure no one else was in ear shot. "I have a plan. You must meet Sif and Jane in the west wing at 5 o'clock tonight, wear your armour. I can't say anything more than that."

He let go of my hand and left with a quick pace. I frowned and turned on my heel, racing as non-suspiciously as I could to get back to my room.

---

4:30. I had my armour on with my sword on my back. I left my room and began to head down toward the west wing, about a million thoughts running through my head. I was almost there, almost in a jog when I heard someone call out my name. I turned around. It was Hugo. Shit.

"(Y/n)? What are you doing?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I'm going out for training with Sif. I'm just trying to find her just now." I spat out quickly. "Why are you on duty in here?" He was wearing a guard's uniform.

"Well I'm sure you've heard about the defences being down. The army is doing guard shifts when not training. We have to be prepared for Malekith's next attack."

"Yeah. I guess. I need to go or Sif will get mad."

"Stay safe."

"I always do." I smiled and turned, hurrying down the corridor and turning left into the west wing.

My heart almost stopped beating.

"Hello darling." Loki smirked, his hair slicked back and his eyes gleaming with mischief once again. It was like being sent back in time. I slowly walked towards them.

"Thor? What's going on?" I asked him. "I thought I was meeting Sif and Jane." Loki scoffed.

"Don't look too happy to see me, love."