17

Hey guys! Just a quick note - if you wanna support me I'm writing a Tyler Joseph X Reader called friend, please and would be so so grateful if you checked it out! Will be updating it and this weekly. This is just a short chapter but I think you'll like it ;)

- A x

---

Your POV

Ever since Loki 'died', I decided to immerse myself in midgardian culture that he loved so much. I never wrapped my head around why he liked it until I started researching it myself. I read books, music, documents, anything I could get my hands on in the library. That was when an actual midgardian showed up in the castle.

She was tall, thin, with hollowed out cheeks and deep brown eyes, and so effortlessly beautiful. She was following Thor around the castle. I was about to go over and ask what was going on when my pocket lit up. I opened up the book and read what was on the pages.

Queen Frigga needs you in the dining room.

I turned on my heel and started for the dining room. Frigga was smiling at me, looking as if she wanted to tell me something, yet couldn't. I curtsied and smiled back at her.

"(Y/n), I need to talk to you about our midgardian guest. I'm sure you've heard."

"Yes, I saw her just before I was called here." She looked worried.

"Thor has brought her here because he fears she has the power of the Aether within her." My eyes widened.

"Oh no."

"I want you to stay away from her. I don't want you to be injured. Odin will be dealing with it personally."

I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a twinge of sadness at not being able to speak to the stranger, but I would not disobey Frigga.

"Yes, your majesty. Of course."

"Thank you, (y/n) dear. I have a task for you." I nodded. "Can you go up to Loki's old chambers and dust everything down?"

I frowned.

"Of course. May I ask why?" She smiled.

"You may not."

---

I took a deep breath and pushed open the door. Everything hit me at once. The familiar smell. The bedsheets. I walked over and sat down on the bed.

I didn't realise you used to feel that way. My voice echoed in my head, replaying the events of that day. He stood up and strode over to me, sitting on the bed next to me. His cold hands in mine. My heart racing.

I still do. His lips against my forehead. Me stopping him. His cold lips against mine.

I snapped out of my daydream and wiped away a tear. I stood up and began to dust everything down.

I must've gotten lost in thought as I did so. I was dusting down the top of his marble fireplace, gently singing a midgardian folk tune I learned about. 

"I went down to the river to pray,

Studying about that good old way.

And who shall wear the starry crown,

Good Lord, show me the way..."

"I see my taste is rubbing off on you." I froze. I must be dreaming, right? I slowly looked over my shoulder. I wasn't dreaming anymore. He stood there, back in his old green, black and gold armour, smiling at me.

"Loki..." I took a step towards him. He started walking over to me, almost with a purpose. There wasn't a moment to breathe before our lips connected once again. His arms snaked around my waist and he pulled me in closer. We broke away, and I could feel myself trembling.

"You have a lovely singing voice by the way."