15

Hey guys! Not really much to say here hahaha hope you enjoy this chapter <3

- A x

---

Your POV

Everything hurts. I don't think I have ever felt physical pain like this before. Even breathing hurts. I thought that receiving 30 lashes and having permanent scarring on my back was bad, but it turns out that when you fall 50 feet it really hurts. Eir, at this point a good friend as I was injured constantly, explained to me that any mortal being would've died with a fall like that, however she wasn't concerned as much about my physical state. She was standing at the end of my bed not long after I woke up.

"I've treated you many times here." She smiled weakly at me. I smiled back.

"What can I say, I'm a bit of an accident prone." I joked, making Eir chuckle softly.

"(Y/n), I've treated you many times here. Most of the time for injuries not caused by you, injuries that were purposefully caused by others, or even injuries that were silly accidents. You never showed signs of being mentally ill. I'm sorry I couldn't help you sooner."

"Eir, I appreciate the help, but I would appreciate it if this whole breakdown thing was covered up. Just say I was sleepwalking, or that I needed fresh air and lost my balance. Anything." As I was saying this, Eir let out a soft sigh and looked down to the ground.

"I know you are concerned about how the Allfather looks down on people with mental problems, however it'll be a little harder than that to cover up." I frowned.

"How so?"

"Frigga already knows." She stated.

"Just Frigga? Who else apart from you and her know?" Eir looked away and started pouring me a glass of water. I could tell she was stalling.

"You've been out for little over a day. You need to drink." She smiled and handed me the glass. I glared at her.

"Eir." She bit her lip and looked at me.

"Fine. Frigga took Loki out of his cell and brought him up here in the middle of the night to see you." My stomach dropped. "He sat by your bed, in that chair, talking to you and telling you a story about an old man trying to catch fish. I think it was a Midgardian story. Although his manner was very solemn and reserved I could tell he was worried about you, he seems to care."

I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes, but I did my best to hold them in. I had a mental breakdown because this man wouldn't let me in, he shut me out on purpose and left me wanting more. The man I used to love. My heart was broken and that night I just couldn't take it anymore. Not after what he told me about Thanos. It was a moment of weakness. 

Odin doesn't take kindly to any disease in Asgard. Not physical diseases or mental ones. In his eyes, every Asgardian is a perfect being and if there is something wrong with an Asgardian then they are a runt, they are weak and they are cast out from society and left to die. It's harsh, and it's terrifying. In Odin's eyes, if you are not bleeding heavily from a severed limb and there is something else going on, you are weak.

Eir held my hand tight. She told me that Frigga had no intention of telling Odin, and Loki hated his father so there was no way he would be involved with him. Her words about Loki stuck with me for the next few weeks as I healed my ankle to a point where I could walk independently. All I could think about was him sitting by my bed reading me stories.

---

Loki's POV

Mother came down to visit me once a week after it happened. She didn't talk about (y/n) because I didn't ask. If I'm being frank, I was too scared to ask as I feared the worst for her. I just tried to push it out of my mind. That was until one day mother told me without me asking.

"(Y/n) can walk again." She stated simply.

"Is... is she ok?"

"Not really. She is in a lot of pain still. I'm not going to tell your father about her intentions." I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Thank you mother."

"You still won't be able to see her for a while. She will resume work next week."

"Work? But she can barely walk!"

"I'm already tight at the seams with your fathers patience. I'll go easy on her."

"How?" I clenched my fists.

"I've assigned her to me. And only me. She will be my personal maid."

---

Your POV

Frigga gave me the good news today. I'm now her personal maid, and I get new private sleeping quarters. A complete room all to myself sounded like a dream, yet it was becoming a reality. As I was unpacking my clothes into the new room, Frigga came in and smiled at me.

"I hope this is suited to you."

I curtsied and smiled back.

"Yes your highness. It is perfect. Thank you once again."

"I have some news about Loki." His name still gives me goosebumps.

"What has he done now?" I sighed. She laughed a little.

"I have finally come to an agreement with his father. If he can prove himself worthy to Odin, and to me, he will be released from prison. He will not have the powers and capabilities he used to have, but he won't be stuck in a cell for the rest of his life."

"How... how long will it take? For him to prove himself?" I asked. The thought of Loki roaming free in the castle once more was another fantasy to me, and I had my doubts of it actually becoming.

"As long as it takes." Frigga smiled.