6

This chapter is quite graphic blood wise so just be aware of that before continuing.

- A x

---

Lokis POV

I looked at my reflection in the pool of water. Blue. Disgusting. A lie. That is all I saw. Although I had become king essentially overnight, I made a foul discovery. I was terrifying. My eyes were piercing red and ice danced around my fingertips. The pool of water slowly began to freeze over and my fists clenched. 

I felt tears forming in my eyes and I angrily hit the tall goblet holding the water. The ice spread all over the floor I was standing on. There was a small knock on the door. Shit, (y/n) will still be doing her maid duties. I started to panic, not knowing how to turn myself back to my normal self.

Fuck.

Your POV

Loki wasn't answering the door. I heard commotion so I didn't want to barge in. I sat outside and waited for him to answer. Finally, the doors swung open. I walked in and looked around. 

"Loki?" I called out. His chambers were massive, my voice bouncing off the walls. He could be anywhere. I decided to just do what I have been assigned to. Soon, I heard his voice. He was quiet.

"(y/n). I need you to stay calm." He spoke softly, trying to sound calm but I could hear a resonating panic in his tone. That made me the opposite of calm.

"What's going on?" I asked. He walked out of the shadows. My gut twisted, I almost threw up right then and there. That wasn't Loki. He was... he was a frost giant? I gasped, taking a step away from it. "What the fuck-"

"Please, (y/n) stay calm. My father didn't just pass into the Odinsleep last night." His skin began to turn pale and white once more, the closer he got. It seemed like the ice melted away from him the closer he got to me. "I discovered my lineage. My actual father is Laufey, King of the Frost Giants. I was abandoned because I wasn't strong enough for him. Odin took me under his wing and kept the secret from me." He was right in front of me now. He looked normal again, bar his glowing red eyes. He took my hands. His were freezing. I was shaking really badly.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. "I just got a fright is all. It's okay." I looked up at him. Our faces were closer than usual. I felt myself gravitating towards him. I could feel my heart beating faster. The door flew open.

"See? I told you she was getting special treatment." I heard a maid spit. I jumped back and gasped, looking over at the door. It was Sif and two maids who were smirking at me. I could tell Sif was holding back a smile.

"Your highness, the guards request you downstairs." She spoke. Loki nodded and left the room. Sif and the maids left as well. It was just me, alone again. I was never going to hear the end of the abuse now. 

---

I sat in my quarters that night. I didn't want to sit and listen to the abuse anymore. I took my hair down and combed it properly, letting it flow over my shoulders. I changed out of my servants wear, and into a long white nightgown. I climbed into bed when the two maids from earlier came in.

"So how's your new boyfriend?" one of them smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"It isn't like that. You came in at a bad time." I defended.

"Really? I don't think so. Isn't that breaking servant protocol?" the other one giggled. I clenched my fists.

"You wouldn't fucking dare." I snapped.

"But we would." They laughed. I gritted my teeth and grabbed the one closer to me's hair and pulled her head down. She started to scream.

"(Y/N)! Please stop it you're hurting me!" She cried.