20

Hey guys! I'm sorry about the last chapter heh, promise I'll make it up!!

- A x

---

Your POV

I was sitting in the courtyard, heaving and crying. I couldn't really remember about much that happened after Friggas death. I shut down. Anette calmed me down a little and I drank some honey and managed to get my breath back.

"(Y/n), you're shaking." Anette whispered quietly. She was a very soft spoken girl, kept to herself and was very shy in general, but she never left my side. I smiled weakly at her, not saying much. Anette suddenly looked up and her comforting smile faltered slightly.

"(Y/n)." Another voice spoke my name. His voice made the sadness flowing through me transpire into unfiltered anger.

"Go away." I mumbled. This was a fight for another day.

"(Y/n) please." He walked around in front of me. "I wanted to tell you. But there was so much going on and I couldn't find the time."

"How long have you been here?"

He paused.

"A month."

I scoffed.

"Well. I'm sure in that case it's been a really busy fucking month." I spat, standing up and walking away, crossing my arms. Anette followed behind me.

"Just forget him just now."

"Yeah. That was the plan." I sighed. The guard troop left with Hugo. Good riddance. The palace doors opened and we all filed back in. We were greeted by one of the knights who service Odin directly.

"You are all to report to the throne." He simply stated.

---

It was not Odin sitting on the throne. Instead, Thor stood in front of us. He stared off, his eyes glazed over. He wore a black cloak over his armour. Once all of the palace staff were in the room, the door closed over.

"Today, we lost an important part of Asgard. Queen Frigga, my mother, was sadly lost in the fight against the dark elves whom raided our abode." His voice resonated throughout the halls. There was a loud gasp from the crowd of confused and upset maids, servants and guards. "It is deeply distressing, and as so we ask you to give us private space to grieve. Only specific maids for the gods will be allowed to serve. The palace will be closed off for a while." He nodded to the guards at the back of the hall and they opened up the doors. His eyes then darted to meet mine and he gave a little movement of his head to summon me. I followed him out.

We walked through the corridor into a smaller room. I turned to Thor and burst out crying. Without thinking, I collapsed into his arms and sobbed. I never thought that I would ever do this with Thor, but I guess people do change.

That's when Lokis name briefly replaced Friggas in my mind. I pulled back and looked at Thor.

"We need to tell Loki." Thor seemed to tense up as I spoke his name.

"No. He won't have the pleasure of having one of us do it." He growled. I frowned.

"Thor, she was his mother too."

"And he is the reason that she is dead!" He snapped.

"Wait... what? Loki loved Frigga."

"If he did, then he wouldn't have helped the enemy."

"I don't get what you mean? He was in the prison the entire time."

"Yes. And he told the dark elves where to go to escape the prison to let in Malekith!"

"M-malekith?"

"And if he hadn't let in Malekith, Frigga would still be alive! So much for your precious little innocent angel! I should have known not to trust that rat again." He shouted.

I turned away from Thor, my hands on my head as if they were trying to help my brain wrap around all of thid overwhelming information at once. I didn't understand why Loki would do it. We stayed silent in the room.

"Guard." Thor spoke quietly but I could hear the anger sliding off his tongue as he did. "Go to Kurse prison. Inform the prisoner Loki of the events that have occurred here today."

The guard left. I was in shock.

---

The funeral was planned quickly. Odin wanted to honour his queen and set free her spirit.

I stood in a black dress behind Thor and Odin with my lantern. She was wearing a beautiful floral blue and orange gown as she lay on the boat. Her sword entrapped around her cold fingers. I wept silently as I watched the boat silently sail through the petals and into the ocean. The archer prepared his flaming arrow as he lit the boat alight, and a flurry of flaming arrows soon followed. The rest of the boats sailed out, and we watched as Friggas spirit was freed, travelling to Valhalla.

I let go of my lantern and watched it travel into the sky. As tears flooded my eyes and blurred my vision, I wondered about what Thor had said. What if it was Loki's fault? Maybe if Loki hadn't directed the elf, Frigga would've had more time to move. My thoughts were interrupted by a hand touching my arm.

"Hey. I'm Jane." I looked down at Jane, feeling the tears that had been puddling in my eyes escape down my cheeks. I wiped them away carelessly and nodded at her. "I... I just wanted to say thanks. For doing the best you could. You probably saved my life."

I smiled weakly at her. Truth is I don't really think I could find the words to say to her, so smiling through the pain was my only option. I focused on the pain and felt the anger begin to boil again. I turned and began to push through the crowd, angrily crying as I did. I needed to get answers. I didn't stop running until I was at Kurse.

"Why did you do it?" I spat at him. He looked up from his book.

"Do what?" Usually, the silky smooth voice would send shivers down my spine, but now it was only fuel for the fire burning within.

"Tell him where to go. You told him where to go." I was still crying.

"I didn't realise that-"

"You didn't think of the consequences. After everything Frigga, and not just Frigga, Odin too, has done for you, why in the gods would you help the enemy? I thought you had changed Loki. I thought you were better than this. What if it was Thor too? It was nearly almost me as well. You just don't think about anyone but yourself." I wept and screamed. I didn't hold back.

I think at some point I stopped paying attention to Loki, because when I looked up he wasn't looking down on me anymore. His furniture was overturned and his clothes were ripped open. His hair was falling over his eyes. His knuckles were bleeding, and so was his foot which I'm assuming was from the broken glass scattered across the cell floor. He looked up at me with teary eyes.

"I can't lose you too."