23

You have chosen: Choice A

Final Votes:
152 votes for Choice A
79 votes for Choice B

(I'm gonna give y'all a compromise here...)

═══ *.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.* ═══

You opened your mouth to reply, unsure of what you should say.

You really wanted to go out and see Wilbur. There had to be a reason why he was here, right?

"I'll...I'll be right back, I promise. Stay here, okay?" You advised, knowing he'd probably fall asleep as soon as you were gone.

He nodded sleepily, mumbling a sluggish "G'night, (Y/N)."

You gently closed the door behind you, sneaking down the hallway, past the other boys' rooms, and down the stairs, hurrying as quickly and as quietly as you could towards the back door.

The night air was cool and fresh, a welcome change of pace from the heat of the fireplace and the smell of men's body odor.

Wilbur's silhouette was standing with his back towards you, his hands in his pockets, his face upturned towards the moonlit sky.

"I've always loved the stars," Wilbur spoke, reminding you of the night you'd celebrated L'Manburg's freedom with your small group of friends. 

It had been a while since you'd been able to stop and admire the beauty of nature, the calmness of the night.

"Me too," You agree, coming to stand next to him. The two of you studied the starry sky in comfortable silence for a few minutes. But you were itching to know why he was here. 

None of the boys would be happy if they knew Wilbur was here.

"How did you know I was here?" You asked first.

"A lucky guess, if I'm to be honest," Wilbur chuckled, "I saw the way you and Dream looked at one another. Well, it was mostly one-sided, since I can't see Dream's expression under that mask..."

'Saw the way'...what was that supposed to mean?

That didn't matter now. You needed to know why he was here.

"What are you doing here, Wilbur?" You asked softly, turning your head slightly, just enough to look up at him.

Wilbur swallowed, hesitating for a moment. He wasn't sure how to word his next sentence; how to tell you without scaring you away.

If he hadn't done so already.

Wilbur glanced down at you, studying your worried features. Your figure was radiant underneath the soft moonlight

How would you react?

Wilbur sighed, steeling himself for what you might say, "I...I think I'm losing it, (Y/N). I think I'm starting to go insane."

You were silent for a few moments, watching as Wilbur wrung his hands together nervously, awaiting your response.

He was only having this revelation now?

"I know."

"What?" Wilbur frowned. You knew? How...was it that obvious?

"Wilbur, only an insane person would want to demolish everything they've worked towards," You explain, leading the two of you over to a stone bench. It was a bit cold to sit on, but you didn't mind.

"Oh," Wilbur responded, frowning at the ground, "Why...why do you think I'm acting this way? Why do you think I'm losing myself?"

You sighed and leaned back against the bench, head tilted towards the night sky as you thought about your response.