30

You have chosen: Choice A

Final Votes:
123 votes for Choice A
28 votes for Choice B

═══ *.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.* ═══

Quackity strode past you, his navy blue beanie tugged low over his ears. A few tufts of black hair stuck out from under the hat, but you couldn't see his expression. He held something in his hands, but you couldn't tell what.

He walked with a purpose, heading straight for the ladder leaning against the wall in the back of the ravine: the Enchantment Room.

After a moment of hesitation, you followed the vice-president...or ex-vice-president. You weren't quite sure what his relationship with Schlatt was at the moment.

As you approached the ladder, you could hear grunts of frustration from the room above. 

"Come...on!" You heard Quackity yell, "Why won't...you...open?!" (📸😐 how many of y'all did I catch in 4k?)

You frowned, scaling the ladder yourself. What was he doing up there?

You peeked over the edge as you reached the top of the ladder. Quackity was standing in front of the Enchantment table, prying at the Book floating above the elegant table. 

No matter how hard he tugged, the Book refused to open. Quackity began to look a bit silly the harder he pulled, his fingers slipping from the hardcover. His momentum sent him flying backwards; he grunted as he hit the ground.

He made a sound of surrender, bringing his knees up to his chest and tucking his head in between his legs.

You climbed the rest of the way up the ladder, drawing his attention.

Quackity's head jerked up as he heard you enter the room. When he saw you, he stood, sniffing and wiping his nose, "Oh. Hi, (Y/N)." Quackity turned his head away from you, "You uh...how long have you been there?"

"Long enough," You replied, leaning back against the books lining the walls. You saw then what he had been carrying past you: a diamond chestplate. He must have grabbed it from the supply pile when no one was watching.

No wonder he had walked with such purpose.

"What are you doing?" You asked, turning your attention back to Quackity. And how was one piece of enchanted armor going to protect him?

Quackity cleared his throat, rubbing the back of his head, "Um...trying to enchant some armor." He mumbled.

You rose a brow, "One piece of armor isn't going to do you much good," When he didn't answer, you added, "Do you have any lapis?"

He shook his head. You studied the man, slightly concerned. His demeanor had changed immensely from the last time you'd seen him. The confident, snide manner he had alongside of Schlatt was gone; now he seemed unsure and reserved.

You poked your head out of the doorway and scanned the floor. Luckily, Sam was passing underneath the room, seeming to head straight for the potato farm. 

"Sam!" You called out. 

Sam seemed disoriented for a moment, unsure of where the voice was coming from. He glanced around, then finally up, the corners of his eyes crinkling up when he saw you.

"Hello, (Y/N)! How can I help you?"

"Do you happen to have any lapis on you?"

Sam nodded, digging into a satchel he had hanging over his shoulders. He pulled out a small, brown leather pouch and stepped forward, tossing it up onto the ledge. You scooped it up, waving down at him.