05

You have chosen: Choice B

Final Votes:
13 votes for A
21 votes for B

═══ *.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.* ═══

No. You couldn't leave, it was too risky. Heading over to the bay window, you glanced down at the ground. It was a pretty far drop; you wouldn't have had enough bedsheets to reach the ground. 

Not to mention you didn't even know where you were supposed to go.

You sighed, sitting on the windowsill and leaning your back up against the wall, one leg propped up, the other dangling out of the window.

Examining your surroundings, you realized you were in the center of the kingdom. You'd only been here a few times with Jordan for a fair of some sort, but you'd recognized the boisterous market square almost immediately. 

It made sense. Dream pretty much ran the place; of course he'd reside in the center of it. 

Something else caught your attention. Straining your eyes to try and see what it was, you could make out the outline of a base. Black and yellow walls rose high above the treeline, an intricately made flag overlooking the residents inside.

"That's L'manburg," A voice said, startling you into a standing position. You whirled around, surprised to see Dream standing there. Surely it hadn't been three hours just yet, which meant...

He'd lied to you. Most likely to see if you'd try and escape.

"I'm surprised to see you're still here," Dream commented, walking to the bed. He set down a bundle of cloth, the clothes from your satchel, you realized, on the bed; the food went on the nightstand.

"Well," I need you to trust me, "I'd rather not put my friends in more danger than they already are," You replied with a shrug, returning your place at the window.

Dream hummed in response, leaning against the wall behind him and crossing his arms, "Smart girl."

You scoffed, annoyed, "Well, I didn't have much of a choice, did I?" You shot back, turning your head to glare back at him.

Dream tilted his head slightly. He hadn't removed his mask, but you could imagine his eyes narrowing beneath it. You were so tired and fed up with the events of the past seventy-eight hours; your attitude towards this tyrant was the least of your worries.

"You always have a choice, (Y/N). It might not be evident, but it's there," He insisted, tone low. Not dangerous, but a warning. A warning to watch your words; your tone.

"Whatever, green boy," You mumble, turning your attention back to the world beyond the windowsill.

You heard a sigh, then footsteps approaching. You tensed, but didn't turn around. What was he going to do, push you out of the window?

Dream bent down slightly, lowering so that he could speak into your ear, "You had a choice in the forest, this afternoon. You could have gone with the traitors. But you chose to save your friend. You made the right choice."

You grit your teeth. Hopefully, Jordan had taken your advice and was now halfway across the world from you. That was the only way for him to stay safe.

"You're a real pain in the ass, you know that?" You mumble in response, frowning slightly as you examine the walls of L'manburg.

Dream only chuckled, stepping away from you and heading back to the door. "Eat, please. You're going to need your energy if we're to win this war."