26

You have chosen: Choice A

Final Votes:
143 votes for Choice A
115 votes for Choice B

(I'm sorry...)

═══ *.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.* ═══

No. You'd decided, you weren't going to say anything. L'Manburg did not deserve to be destroyed, not after everything its people had done to protect it.

Wilbur was not going to win.

You realized that you had been quiet for too long when Schlatt cleared his throat beside you.

"You, uh...you're not getting cold feet now, are you (Y/N)?" Schlatt mumbled, the microphone in front of you, barely picking up his voice.

You cleared your throat and shook your head, your shaky hands pulling a folded piece of paper out of your pocket. 

"No, no. Of course not," You replied, unfolding the paper and stepping closer to the mic, adjusting it slightly to fit your height.

Taking a shaky breath, you began to read.

"A wise man once told me, that L'Manburg was like a head of lettuce. There are so many layers of tasty and healthy goodness, and once you wash off all the caterpillars and worms off the surface, it's a pretty goddamn good meal. Schlatt has successfully washed all of the insects off our great nation. And with that, he's allowed the goodness and tastiness to shine through."

You hated calling your friends insects...but you had to convince Schlatt that you were on his side, against Pogtopia.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like you to look around at what we've built today. Look at each other. All of this, thanks to democracy and the leadership of J. Schlatt. Our people have been beaten down by rulers and dictators for so long. Now, we are finally free!"

"Free to elect who we want. Free to live how we want, and most importantly, free to go wherever we want without the confine of those huge black walls. So with that in mind, I would like to thank everyone for coming to this wonderful event. Enjoy the festival!"

(ayo I'm too lazy to write an original speech so uhh here's Tubbo's sorry not sorry :))

After finishing your speech, you glanced up at the top of the building where the boys were camping out. You met Wilbur's gaze and he nodded once.

He was respecting your decision.

Clapping and cheering came from the crowd below, the guests getting to their feet and giving you a standing ovation.

You met Jordan's eyes. He grinned and gave you a big thumbs-up, looking like a proud father. Searching the crowd for your brother, you found him clapping as well, looking relaxed, but proud of you as well.

You smiled, not expecting the crowd's reaction. 

The only people not clapping were the two next to you.

Schlatt was standing with his arms crossed, a knowing smirk plastered on his lips. And then...he began to laugh. Quietly at first, but then the laughter grew louder. The microphone picked it up, and the sinister sound made the crowd fall silent.

"What's wrong Schlatt?" You asked, fear beginning to grow in the pit of your stomach. Something was very wrong.

"No...no, I was just thinking about it, (Y/N)," Schlatt grinned, his horns glinting menacingly in the light of the rising moon. 

He stepped towards you, but you refused to back down. The microphone was picking up every word, "You know how we like to have fun here."

You nodded, swallowing your fear, "Yeah, of course, Schlatt. We like to have fun here in Manburg. What's uhm...what's wro—"