24

You have chosen: Choice A

Final Votes:
165 votes for Choice A
47 votes for Choice B

(happy Valentine's day, lovelies! <3)

═══ *.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.* ═══

You dropped your head into your hands and massaged your temples, trying to push the recent images of your dreams out of your head.

"(Y/N)?" Clay asked, his low-pitched voice thick with concern. The hand he'd placed on your back was rubbing in comforting circles. He'd wait patiently for your answer, but wasn't going to pressure you for one you weren't willing to give.

You were appreciative of his silence. Of the fact that he wasn't going to make you answer.

But...you needed to tell someone. And Clay was someone you kind of trusted. There weren't many of those people left in your life.

"I-I think it was a nightmare," You stammer, still shaken up over your dream.

"Do you want to tell me about it?" Clay asked, his tone soft and comforting.

You nodded, sitting up straight and glancing up at the male beside you. He didn't mention the fact that he had a killer headache, nor the fact that he had no clue how you'd ended up in bed next to him. 

He decided that neither of those thoughts mattered, and that they could talk about it later. He was more concerned about the reasons why were you so shaken up.

You laid back, leaning your head against the headboard. After taking a steeling breath, you began to talk.

"It was like those memories I had. The ones that presented themselves in the form of dreams," You began, glancing up at Clay. He nodded, seeming to understand, "The entire scene was grey, and I couldn't make out any of the faces. But...this time, I could move my limbs. My motions weren't set in stone yet. Like...like the event hadn't actually happened."

"I immediately felt terrified going into it," You shut your eyes, trying to remember as much as you could. Pieces were already beginning to slip away, "I knew something was wrong; I knew I was in some sort of danger."

"I was trapped in a box of some sort and there was a gate in front of me, blocking my way out," You squeezed your right hand. Had you been holding something? You couldn't remember. It must not have been important.

"There was someone in front of me, pointing a bow loaded with..." You frowned, opening your eyes, "I don't remember what it had been loaded with. But it wasn't an arrow."

Clay nodded again, signaling for you to continue. The hand on your back never stopped rubbing.

"He said something about peer pressure," You said, referring to the person who had been standing in front of you, "He'd been about to shoot me when someone threw a pearl. It landed in between me and the bow."

"Who threw it?" Clay asked.

"I don't know. As soon as it broke open...I woke up. I have no idea who ended up teleporting in front of me," You admitted.

Clay hummed softly in thought, ignoring the dull throb in the base of his skull, "And you think...you think this has yet to happen?"

You nodded, feeling a bit of heat rush to your cheeks, "I do."

Clay pulled his hand away - to your, surprisingly, slight disappointment - and clasped both hands behind his head, leaning back against the headboard himself. He sighed deeply, trying to come up with a response to all this.