1

I raised my eyebrow at the blonde haired boy ahead of me, holding onto my hot drink as I leaned a little closer towards him in hopes of hearing something escape his mouth.

Anything.

Chishiya stared back at me, his usual calm face staining his features. He didn't want to speak, as usual.

"You haven't changed y/n, you're still as persistent as usual" Chishiya spoke, his voice sending some comfort to my body.

I leaned back in the uncomfortable plastic chair, a smile falling over my face. "What do you expect? I might look different, but I'm still the same person I once was"

"It's been 2 years y/n... I was expecting some change from you" Chishiya spoke as he sipped on his coffee, his eyes slim as he stared into my e/c eyes. Despite his uncomfortable demeanour I still found myself growing comfort in his gaze, it was as if nothing changed. No matter how long I had been apart from him I still found comfort in the small things he did.

It was almost pathetic, that after so long he still gave me such a nice feeling despite his cold and distant attitude.

I simply set my drink down on the table, and I placed my head in my hands. "So, Chishiya, what have you been up to?" I questioned, a small smirk making its way across my face.

He merely scoffed, looking away from me as if unimpressed with my question. "What does it look like? I'm working at this college, my fathers college... I hate this place"

"Hm, really?" I quizzed playfully with a tempestuous grin on my face. "I would never have guessed"

And admist the loud chattering and bickering of those around us our table went silent again. Only our breathing being heard at our table, there was laughter surrounding us, and it almost made me want to laugh too. However, that seemed to be an idea I decided against as I noted Chishiya's face.

Chishiya was an attractive man, with a slim face and pale lips, he had a rather calm appearance that usually never changed. With his calm attitude and never changing features he was somewhat mysterious as others struggled to read him, Chishiya liked that though. That he was hard to read, that he was mysterious and unfathomable. However, I could read him quickly, to me his feelings were always displayed on his resting face, his emotions were pouring from his eyes and even his stiff body was easy for me to read.

I supposed it was because I had been his friend since we were children, I grew up with the boy and I got used to his actions and face that it became easy to understand just what he was thinking.

"Why didn't you come and look for me?" I quizzed, changing the conversation after understanding that the road it was taking was one that pleased neither person at the table, however, the question I asked was only going to make more for a tense atmosphere around us so I relied on the happiness surrounding me to bring me some form of newly found confidence.

Chishiya flicked his eyes towards me, "I did look for you y/n"

"I looked for you since the day I lost you" I stated clearly, shuffling in my seat as I took a sip of my drink, looking at him with eyes that I hoped proved my curiosity. "What about you?"

Silence.

"Thats the difference between you and I" I laughed gently, "You gave up on me, and I didn't give up on you"

"I never-"

I lifted my hand, waving it around a little, "It's okay, it's fine, I promise" I stated, laughing a little despite the hurt that formed in my heart. "I would expect no less from you, judging by that you're probably not pleased to see me now either"

"No, I'm actually happy you came" He stated, his voice was gentle with me which came as a surprise, I almost blinked harshly at him but I didn't want to let go of myself too quickly.

"Oh?" I managed lightly, "Why's that?"

This time he sat up a little, and he brushed his blonde curtains away from his eyes. I always liked his blonde hair, it made it easy for me to spot him in a crowd, his blonde hair always shone so brightly in the summer and he always managed to keep it looking soft, I admired him for the care that he took with his hair. "Because it's been a while, it's nice to catch up with an old friend"

"Old friend?" I yelped suddenly.

And there it goes, the tough character I was trying to hold up.

"Old friend" I scoffed, "You say that as if we aren't still friends"

"Are we?" Chishiya quizzed, a small chuckle dropping from his mouth, "Y/n you abandoned me... We promised to go to the same college together"

I scowled, "Don't bring this all on me" I stated, a little pissed off with his calm features despite being so used to them for so long, "You're the one who didn't go to our promised college"

"I thought you knew I'd be sucked into my fathers college" he admitted, "Y/n I knew you were thick, but I didn't really know dense you really were "

With his statement I found myself fiddling with my drink a little, breathing heavily as I tried not to pull on his pretty hair and shout in his face. I knew that wouldn't resolve anything, so I kept quiet and stood my ground as I sat opposite him. "How was I supposed to know that when you promised me that you'd attend the same college as I did?"

"I had my fingers crossed when I promised that" he smiled playfully.

"And you expected me to see that" I muttered, annoyed with his clever words.

Chishiya placed down his now empty drink, "I enjoyed catching up with you" he stated, standing up as he looked down at me. "This time again tomorrow?"

"Sure" I managed, watching as he stood next to me, he placed his hand on my shoulder making me jump a little with his touch.

"Y/n... Don't be so angry; we're reunited again and thats all that matters now" He said, and with that he left.

Leaving me alone at the table and faced with a wave of emotions.