42

There had been a chill in the summers air but that wasn't a result of the air itself but instead the atmosphere... that knowing that we'd been successful in completing the plan we had created so long ago. I had wondered what would happen next but I'd known the games would continue to commence.

The sky splattered itself within the distant stars, appearing in spontaneous sparks of distant lights thankfully distinguishable from those harrowing red lasers that shot from the sky more often than shootings stars ever had.

I trailed beside Chishiya, glancing to him quietly and I had been relieved - of course I was, we had a higher chance of escaping - but there was some annoying irk in the back of my mind that suggested it couldn't be this easy.

After being in Borderland for so long I felt as if it conditioned me to balance the positives and negatives; I'd been more hesitant on trusting people than ever - My previous want for Niragi to be good right at the beginning eradicated itself entirely and I couldn't meet anyone new without wondering if they'd turn out like he was in the end... the complete anthesis of trustworthy and good- I'd learn to double think everything I once believed... nothing was as easy at it seemed but there was still some things that stayed the same with me... I hadn't necessarily lost myself I just learnt how to survive in this new world... I lived in a new way.

That was an important take away of it all; I'm still alive, I've lived, I made it through today and that was an achievement because even if I didn't want to do it tomorrow there were people by me now who knew I could live, survive.

"Well, I guess I can get rid of this now, too" Chishiya muttered fiddling with the bracelet upon his wrist, that bracelet indicating the placement of the Beach's inhabitants, he'd looked to me almost expectantly raising his eyebrows as if I was going to understand his silent question.

However, the moment his eyes drifted to my wrist complete with the same bracelet with a number just underneath his own I'd understood his question and I began to fiddle with my own bracelet in an attempt to remove it never realising just how much I'd become used to such a condescending label.

Yet, his hands had been over my own, his slim fingers reaching for my bracelet and removing it for me without saying a thing.

So I looked to Chishiya dubiously, my lips ajar as I cherished his closeness, his touch, his actions and the way he'd focused on me in that moment.

"Don't you feel sorry for him? Arisu, I mean?" Quizzed Kuina suddenly, making it obvious she'd been lingering over that thought for a while, perched against the wall by the exit of the beach.

"Sorry for him?" Chishiya asked slowly, facing me as his eyes concentrated on my wrist.

"Hm, yeah, I know I do" Kuina whispered, almost ashamed to have admitted such a thing but I was relieved in actuality... relieved to know she'd felt the same way I had.

"You're like Y/n" Chishiya stated, finally managing to pull the bracelet from my wrist and stepping away without any further words... leaving me watching him silently as he began removing his own bracelet as he stepped slowly towards the exit of the beach carved out in an arch of bricks that looked surprisingly unattractive in comparison on to the rest of The Beach. "She feels bad too"

"It's impossible not to with Arisu" I admitted, pausing behind Chishiya as he glanced to Kuina and I, his eyes lingered on only me, "We had this conversation earlier Kuina" I admitted quicklt, causing her to look up towards me. "I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has some remorse for him"

"Sometimes we have to do things in order to survive" Chishiya announced, catching both Kuina and I's attention.

Kuina looked to Chishiya with a silent look as if questioning his words, she'd crossed her arms and glanced to him almost hesitantly.