25

Maybe he was a blessing appearing before Chishiya's eyes so suddenly, his miraculous appearance had surprised me.

Obviously it had... I only said yes to the absurd decision because I didn't think he would make an appearance, it had never even crossed my mind meekly because it seemed utterly impossible that one man Chishiya had taken interest in would appear out of the hundreds of people in the Beach, the handful of new people joining the beach just had to include him.

But he had arrived, with another female, his scruffy dark hair lured me to look at him, it was obvious he hadn't cared too much about his appearance compared to the small girl beside him who brushed her short hair perfectly.

They seemed skeptical of the beach, like Chishiya and I when we once entered so long ago; so vulnerable and confused yet so prepared and obstinate.

I almost groaned with the mere sight of him the moment I had followed Chisiya's prowling brown eyes and proud smile noticing just how perfectly the black haired male had fit Chishiya's simple descriptions.

I knew it was him from the way Chishiya eyed him down so intensely, so severely.

"I can't believe it" I whispered, shaking my head, almost groaning, tempted to simply run away from the scene due to the pure shock and embarrassment I felt, Hatter had just finished his speech and the crowd was roaring in their overused and overly passionate excitement. "Why did he appear?"

Chishiya chuckled briefly, his shoulder was against my own as we stood against the grand structure of the hotel's atrium away from the grand crowd ahead of us, his white hoodie pulled over his head and the outfit still zipped up rather low.

Ever since the day I had stared ever too much at his exposed chest he hadn't pulled up the zip... almost as if he wanted me to stare once again.

But I reeled my eyes away, I felt too embarrassed by the mere fact he had seemed amused by my accidental stare.

Kuina had approached, fiddling with her small fake cigarette as usual, her braided hair slipping down her shoulders as she attempted to follow our eyes, she seemed confused at first, "Whats the matter?" She asked, seemingly confused by Chishiya and I's silence.

A comfortable silence for him I supposed - he finally got what he wanted -  but my silence was out of mere surprise, the stark opposite of his own.

"I was in the same game as them" Chishiya stated slowly, he hadn't glanced away from the two since Kuina had placed herself next to me, her eyes scanned the crowd curiously.

Even I could tell from the glimmer in her eyes she had eventually found the male in the crowd with the small female beside him. "Both of them?"

He nodded. "Yeah... they could be useful, to our plan that is" He said simply, plainly, not saying anything more.

"It's him?" Kuina hummed as she glanced at me curiously, tilting her head gently she scanned over the pair a moment longer, "Ah... He does match the description"

Of course she recognised the male too, anyone could after Chisiya's constant description about the boy who we should definitely look out for when we participated in the aberrant games.

I sighed, "It's insane... Just how did he appear so suddenly?"

I hadn't wanted anyone else involved in the plan merely because I had grown an immense fear that maybe someone was soon to find out, as time went by I had been thankful the plan wasn't revealed yet but for some strange reason I had grown fearful if someone else were to join the close knitted trio we had created that they would expose us.