27

"Those who have nothing to do here... Leave" Hatter announced imperiously.

The shuffling begun in the grand executive room as those unneeded within the meeting had immediately scurried to take their leave; afraid of angering Hatter.

I had noticed the tension within the meeting but I had supposed that was just my own feelings for I sat beside Chishiya, I always had, but for some reason I had done everything in my power to look away from him.

Too drained to even rethink the previous conversation we had had, especially when he seemed to brush past it so expeditiously, so willingly, Chishiya didn't seem to overthink the conversation when I had done the complete opposite, I had completely trapped myself in my mind just thinking about it... Instead he acted like normal, like he hadn't just created more awkwardness between us as we discussed what had happened that night and when he, just moments ago, decided against hearing my ever so important feelings.

I noticed Chishiya lift his hand softly, a quick wave, a gentle smile, his actions had alarmed me for they were so sudden in the silence of the executive members.

In the ever so thick tension.

But I followed his excited gaze to the man standing opposite us by the wall, Arisu, the scruffy boy seemed to widen his eyes as he noticed Chisiya; the flicker of recognition and realisation had overcome his dull brown eyes as he evaluated him.

He had muttered something inaudible to himself, allowing his eyes to drift towards me slowly- it was obvious just how uncomfortable Arisu was... in a room with the most important people of the beach on his first day, it was a big deal and more than that it was an extremely awkward thing to be apart of and watch from the sidelines.

Especially when he didn't understand what was going to be said, what was going to be done.

"He didn't wave back either" Chishiya muttered ever so quietly, his voice was serious despite the hint of comedy in his words.

I had noticed Arisu's shy eyes, his awkward stance, and in an attempt to comfort him I offered a polite smile, a small bow of my head; it was my only hope of creating some sort of newfound friendship between the boy and I.

I'm sure Chishiya had approved of my actions too when Arisu's lips fell ajar and he bowed his head ever so slowly back.

I had glanced towards Chishiya after feeling his inquisitive gaze plastered only on me, his lips seemed to be upturned with his amused smile.

He was only thankful Arisu seemed to accept my simple kindness... There was no other reason behind his smile, I was sure of it.

"Two of spades. Six of spades. Four of diamonds" MiRa listed so suddenly I had turned to face her, startled. She had walked gracefully forwards us as she read over the cards in her hands, "Two of clubs we've collected all of them" she finished, placing the cards ahead of a rather agitated hatter who seemed unimpressed with the repeated cards, once again. All the days were beginning to become hauntingly the same within the executive meetings... no new cards which meant we weren't a single step closer to escaping. "Until now, we still haven't found any face cards" The woman continued, walking to her seat.

"If face cards do not exist, then we're only left with the Ten of Hearts" Kuzuryu admitted, his voice awfully monotone.

"Ten of hearts, it has never appeared in a game before" MiRa replied, as usual her graceful movements had presented her character, her ever so gentle smile that had always seemed to stay in place.

"If it doesn't appear we can't clear it. Maybe there needs to be a condition for it to appear" Ann chimed in, her eyes on the table ahead of her before glancing around, she met Hatter's eyes when she spoke again. "Maybe it's not in Tokyo"