41

I'd finalised a decision just a few moments after he left my room... a decision that he wouldn't approve of but one I'd frankly deemed necessary; I felt foolish understanding he thought so little of me regarding the plan when I was apparently the reason it were created.

I was going to leave too, I wouldn't sit around and look pretty when I could aid him despite the fact he hadn't needed it.

So I trailed around the hallways knowing my final destination would have been the room Aguni stayed in... the room that contained the cards.

For a reason unknown to me I felt rather tunnel visioned walking hastily down the hallways, my shoes became uncomfortable and the beach attire wasn't doing me too much favours in regards to the wind I picked up when walking quickly down the cream tinted hallways now alight in a yellow hue as the lights came on during the nighttime.

It felt oddly silent, like everyone was downstairs continuing to mourn the loss of Hatter and I'd wondered if anyone knew about the Arisu fiasco just hours ago. I supposed there were rumours, there always was at The Beach.

Through a sharp turn I'd seen a familiar distant figure, a figure dressed in that recognisable white zip up and those shorts but it were his hair that made him so recognisable and I'd been tempted to call his name... tempted to call for him but even I'd known that would have made him pick up his speed or stop abruptly to tell me to leave him.

Chishiya were there though and I'd become the predator, following him silently in a continued pace.

"Hey Y/n!" Yelped a voice appearing suddenly ahead of me, the male smiling - just as usual - but his noisy upbeat voice had alerted Chishiya who I were trying to follow secretly.

Chishiya looked back quickly, all but a glance and with that he'd rushed further down the halls, turning a corner and leaving me abandoned with Tatta ahead of me.

"Tatta" I whispered, deflated, defeated even... I were so close.

Chishiya was gone now, out of sight.

Tatta looked towards me with an obvious anxiousness etched to his features, he was easy to read for he was always very expressive. Unlike Chishiya, Tatta couldn't control what emotions he plastered on his face. "I've interrupted something"

More like he'd ruined something but I wouldn't say that to Tatta, for some odd reason I'd respected Tatta but I believe that was because I'd liked the optimistic male ahead of me. Tatta had always been upbeat, he always tried to smile and that reassured me things would eventually be okay; not normal but I'd carve a normality out of the things occurring around me.

I hummed, "Sorry" I whispered, ashamed that I made it so obvious.

He shook his head frantically, "No, no it's okay; I'm sorry"

"What is it? Why are you looking for me?" I quizzed, raising my eyebrows, curious as to what he would say. Tatta was my messenger, we'd been good friends but he found some new responsibility in sending me the words others wanted to say to me; he was like a personal postman but he wanted to do that and so I never complained.

"Niragi wants to see you tonight" He said, instantly my shoulders fell more in an obvious disappointment I couldn't hide. Not Niragi, how annoying. "And Chishiya wants to meet you outside later, he said don't follow him either... You were following him wasn't you?"

I nodded... what an unfortunate conclusion to my day, I suppose my best bet to avoid Niragi would be to tell Chishiya and Chishiya would certainly make an effort at protecting me because his dislike for Niragi was obvious.

"He told me to make sure you don't come after him" Tatta said and I'd looked to him in a questioning manner as if quizzing how he was going to fend me away, he'd balled his fists, raising them to his chest weakly and looking to me almost shyly as he shook his balled fists as if challenging me to fight.