14

The rooms were just as nice as I had imagined, paintings scattered around the clear cream walls, the floors decorated in a carpet of a strange pattern, a large window cleaned to utter perfection that had grand curtains a shade of black, comfortable chairs and a small bathroom once again cleaned to perfection with necessities.

Chishiya had the room next to mine, he'd promised after changing he'd come and talk to me - we decided it best to talk to one another as we walked up the stairs wearily to our rooms afraid of anyone listening to us, after all we were the newcomers and already had eyes on us.

Furthermore, we'd climbed up the hierarchy already.

It was growing dark outside, a game soon to be approaching.

Chishiya and I would stay together, that was the plan.

I'd noticed the clothes on the bed and had grabbed the safest option especially for the cold weather. I hadn't understood how Hatter could wear just a mere cardigan and shorts, a long cardigan that was made of the thinnest material I had ever seen. Yet, it didn't take me long to remember that the electricity - somehow - worked in this place and therefore the heat was emitted through the grand hotel he'd lived in.

Almost as soon as I'd finished changing I heard a knock at my door, a familiar beat that made me laugh softly. The beat he would always use when he'd knock at my door as a child.

Chishiya.

"Y/n, it's only me, can you open the door?" Chishiya asked, his voice muffled with the door between us.

I'd collided his orders upon hearing his voice and invited him inside but I had no need to for he'd already made his way past me and I found myself watching him get surprisingly comfortable on my bed as he sat back against the pillows stretching out his legs.

His legs were bare now contradicting what he had once wore - baggy trousers that covered his skin - and were now replaced with shorts that were a little big as they reached his thighs the material coloured a dark black, he'd kept his hoodie on and I presumed that it was the only thing he could wear. Swimwear for men would only mean bottoms, and even I knew Chishiya wouldn't want to wear just that.

He wasn't that type of guy.

I'd approached my bed, now accompanied with Chishiya, and looked at him carefully noticing how his eyes scanned my room as if amused. "What is it?" I asked.

"Your room is like mine"

"This is a hotel, believe it or not they don't change the rooms just for each person inside" I had replied, scoffing gently as I shook my head. "We're next door to one another anyways"

Chishiya had smirked a little and he flicked his eyes up to look at me slowly. His brown eyes nicely painted by the hotel rooms orange hue lights, "I'm glad we're close by, room wise I mean... also Niragi, I want to speak about him for a second"

"Go ahead" I prompted, finding myself taking a seat at the end of the bed, folding my legs as Chisiya sat up; his legs still sprawled before me.

"If Niragi talks to you come and find me... I'll sort him out"

"Sort him out?!" I laughed loudly, Chishiya hadn't faltered or cracked a smile. "Are you scared of Niragi?"

"No I'm not scared of him, I'm scared of what he'll do to you y/n" Chishiya admitted, "I don't want him touching you or looking at you like that.... No, I don't even want him to look at you" Chishiya vented, his voice getting a little louder as his anger began to surge a little more though his veins. "I promise , for real this time that I'll stay by your side. I don't want you to be alone with Niragi"