44

There was a feeling of intimacy the moment Kuina left, the moment I'd walked absentmindedly towards Chishiya who looked at me quietly keeping his placement on the desk.

The room felt smaller now despite the fact nothing had changed, everything were much more noticeable from the gentle light of computer screens to the inexplainable smell from the room of burnt wires shoved aside and the smell of metal but I suppose my senses were heightened in an attempt to steady my mind consumed with that realisation that Chishiya and I finally had a moment together with the complete absence of any approaching figures because the majority of them were dead now.

"We could stay in here for the whole game" Chishiya stated as I paused ahead of him, looking towards the screens quietly and searching for Kuina through every one of them almost desperately because I'd wanted to know she were safe, I needed to know she was safe.

"That would be as smart as it would be pitiful" I muttered, despite the fact it was my suggestion only moments ago I decided against it as I looked to the screens. Chishiya perked up, interested in my words. "I'd feel guilty knowing that I can save a few more lives but instead I'm cooped up, hiding"

When I'd grown such a saviour complex I didn't know but it just felt right... it felt as if I should be making just one short lived attempt at saving a life or two; I'd felt guilty hiding when others were slaughtered by people who lived at The Beach.

I'd hated to know the game manipulated people to go against one another so thoughtlessly, that there was a clear advantage on the militants side for they had weapons and the others were harmless.

"So what do you want to do?" Quizzed Chishiya, shuffling in his position but still keeping himself leant against the desk, he'd looked to me knowingly as if expecting an idea to come from me... I never made the plans, that were always his job, I were just an accessory but I didn't mind because we were doing something, counting down my days to play those games would have driven me to insanity.

"I don't know" I muttered after evaluating an array of ideas that begun within my mind, I'd wondered if I should trail outside and advise the remaining people to coop themselves up in one bedroom and lock themselves inside or if it would be better for me to have simply stayed inside and kept myself safe but that were the exact thing a hearts game wanted; It were game of betrayal. "Our best bet would be to stop someone who's doing the most murders" I muttered... and only one person came to mind. "To stop Niragi"

He were the one who initiated the fiasco happening within The Beach, because of him people were dying, people were dead, it were because of him that the massacre began.

"I have a plan" Chishiya said simply, shuffling to stand and he'd taken a stand opposite me, his face flickering with the blueish tones from the screens surrounding us.

Of course he had a plan, I supposed he'd had said plan since the awful game commenced and he were just waiting for the perfect time to have said it.

"Okay" I whispered, flickering my eyes to the screens and looking at the dead bodies dragged through hallways and towards the Fire Of Judgement... I couldn't bare seeing so many lives wasted any longer. "What is it?" I quizzed slowly, looking at him curiously with a heightened interest regarding his plan.

Chishiya always had unique ideas, he'd done things I never would have considered so I attempted to prepare myself for something preposterous to slip from his lips.

"Let's kill Niragi"

Well... I couldn't have prepared myself for that one.

But... so selfishly I wondered if that would have been so bad, Niragi were an inconvenience both in this game and out, he induced fear in so many people and his selfishness were so shockingly disgusting just looking into his eyes angered me.