16

The car drive to the location was just as awkward as I could have imagined; we had some excited people sitting in the back of the car who had been cheering for the majority of the way before talking loudly amongst themselves as if they weren't singing themselves of to the possibility of death.

The man next to me seemed experienced in games - that was all because of the few scars plastered on his face, some scratches and some still healing wounds but they all presented the amount of times he had played the games- but his trepidation seemed to be created from the fact that Niragi and Samura- who also went by the last boss - were unfortunately placed in the same car with him on the way to his possible death.

Niragi had been persistent in getting to know me, asking questions about my hobbies, interests, and even my love life (in which I had stated I was single and I'd seen a smile flash across his face, he'd asked if I was dating "that blonde guy" I'd  "come in with?" and I shook my head admitting we were just friends but my answer clearly enticed excitement in the raven haired boy who looked over his lips with a small hum and nod before looking to the tattooed man next to him with an excited laugh) he asked simple questions that strangely added to the tense atmosphere than take away from it. I understood why Niragi was asking such questions; he didn't want to know me he just wanted to know things about me to create a mutual friendship so he could have my body and state we were friends - that much wasn't hard to identify.

I felt my legs give away as soon as the car had stopped outside a brightly lit up game arena.

"A bowling alley?" Smirked Niragi as he looked towards Samura who looked back at him with a breathless chuckle, the man didn't speak very often but instead used his face to show emotion, it was unsettling whenever he would give a lopsided smile or even breath as his breaths came out raggedy. "Let's play a game of bowling then!" Niragi called, not taking anything too seriously and it was as if the atmosphere of disquietude and the risk of potential of death were a mere sense of happiness for him, it was like he earned euphoria in the perturbation of others.

The rules were simple to our game, but the ways of death were complicated. One of the bowling balls would break and we needed to break it, simple. However, every few minutes a random room would lock and release a poisonous gas killing whoever was inside instantly... one of those rooms could have the ball inside that we needed.

The game would end if the ball was broken or if the whole bowling alley was flooded with gas.

It was clubs game, a new clubs game that wasn't on Hatter's wall yet. A 5 of clubs; I wondered if I was destined for club games, the apparent team work games, for the games I'd been in so far were club games.

I didn't mind though; I'd much rather there be a team effort than a solo one.

As long as it wasn't a hearts game I was satisfied - I'd been informed about the different types of games by overhearing a woman beside me in the busy atrium explaining to her friend about the faces of the cards.

I didn't tell Chishiya- I wanted to hold onto this information myself... maybe I'd bring it up to him to come across as smart and suggest to him that I'd figured it out myself but I doubted telling him just because he probably already knew.

Niragi had laughed loudly at the games rules stating that, "Every bowling ball could break with some force!" and I had surprisingly agreed with him.

As soon as we'd entered Niragi had begun to throw the bowling balls in the lobby down the court and others had jumped around into different rooms believing that maybe the one we needed would be in there after the rules seemed to persistent to close the doors.

There were a lot of us. About 10.

I'd found myself shying away from Niragi and towards the storage room finding that I'd looked around frantically but to my dismay there was nothing in there.