4

Looking around seemed useless, I felt only foolish as my head located itself from left to right in hopes of setting my eye upon a person, at least one.

"Y/n... I seriously think you should stop, it's irritating and not to say the obvious but it's useless" Chishiya spoke as he placed a hand on my shoulder covered by the fabric of my outfit, with his brown eyes he met my own. "What do we do?"

"Uh" I began, pausing as my words faltered in a weak attempt to come up with a plan or think of an idea, however, I found myself trying to think of an excuse instead, and as I held his eyes I was given even a little bit of hope. "What about our phones?" I began, reaching to grab my phone before Chishiya removed his hand from my shoulder and he placed his soft fingers around my wrist where they prevented me from grabbing the device from my pocket.

"Do you think I didn't try, y/n? It's useless, there's no signal" he announced clearly, his voice was a little loud as if he was agitated, "I don't mind though... isn't it weird how we're stuck here?"

"You don't mind?" I managed quietly as I shook off his hand, I stood up a little higher as if I was trying to challenge him, even he knew my pose was useless for he wasn't intimidated, instead he was somewhat amused as he sent me a gentle smile as if mocking me, I simply fell back down to my usual position - deflated by his playful smile.

"Mhm... I'd almost hoped one day I'd be in another world... I didn't like being a student doing something I don't enjoy" he explained, and his eyes seemed to fixate on my e/c eyes, he almost seemed to hold my eyes with such intensity I grew nervous under his gaze.

"Why'd you involve me in your twisted world?" I managed gently, walking past him, I found myself walking towards the entrance of the arcade with the little hope I had left of discovering a person, I wanted to find someone and ask them how we could escape.

However, as I walked further from Chishiya I heard him speak loudly from behind me, and his words made me falter in my footsteps before I halted to a stop.

"I'd rather be in an unfamiliar place with you... I don't like anyone else in this world, just you" He called after me, I supposed he intended for his words to send an arrow through my heart and cause it to speed up a little faster than usual, I could only presume those were his intentions.

However, his voice sounded so raw and truthful, almost as if he hadn't planned out what to say and he had instead let his emotions loose. He almost seemed vulnerable in that state, so much so that I had turned to face him.

The behaviour he emitted was so unnatural from the cold boy that I knew, even as his best friend growing up he had never given me much affection to the point sometimes I had thought he was my friend but I wasn't his own.

Chishiya looked towards me, his body seemed a little lighter than usual as his stance was a little weaker.

"I'm nothing special" I replied, hoping he could hear me despite being in the same area. With my hand on the door handle I poked my head forwards a little to get a clearer look at the boy.

Chishiya seemed to chuckle a little, with his hands in his hoodie pocket he sighed loudly, leaning his head back a little as he looked at the black arcade ceiling, with a tender smile he spoke again, "To me you are"

I simply laughed, deciding against continuing the conversation as I finalised speaking once again would ruin the atmosphere we had created, so, with a steady hand I left the boy behind as I took a step outside in the cold breeze.

The silence enveloped me, and the emptiness was so unfamiliar it almost felt as if I was dreaming - This was still a possibility just because I really had no clue what was going on.

Maybe I was going insane?

With a soft sigh I walked forwards into the street, finding myself standing in the road which would usually be too occupied with cars to even cross, the world seemed too empty.

With eddies of wind sending the occasional pieces of trash spiralling down a path created by the breeze, the silence was deadly. For a place usually loud with people and cars there was now a baleful silence.

I found myself dragging my weak feet into a few stores with a soft voice calling a simple 'hello' in hopes that I would hear a reply from someone who was experiencing the same thing, however, to my dismay the answer never appeared for there was never any reply.

Growing tired and almost exhausted with the mentally draining task I had given myself I soon retreated to the bench infront of the arcade, there I sat alone staring at the dark blue sky, the chilly weather wasn't the best weather to be placed in a new world.

"I'm sorry" Said a familiar masculine and almost pleasing voice from beside me, I had only just realised Chisiya's presence on the bench, with our bodies close I almost felt a bit of warmth within the cold weather.

"What are you sorry for?" I managed, wondering just what had gotten into the boy beside me.

"For dragging you into that game... It did look dodgy, you were right to be sceptical of it" He explained, and I looked towards him as his eyes scanned the sky covering us, I found myself admiring his features from the mole under his eye to his perfectly pointed nose from the side view I experienced.

I could only smile, I wasn't sure if it was the sight of his face or his reply that had brought on the smile, "It's not your fault... Anyways, I enjoyed the game"

Chishiya looked towards me, "You did?"

"Mhm... Also, I don't think being stuck here with you will be too bad" I admitted almost shyly.

Chishiya offered a small smile, "Me neither"