6 - in the shower

Jungkook and Yoongi returned to the maknae's room, with the younger one leading the way. As they were near the door of the room, Jin called out to them.

"Both of you need to take a shower! You both kinda stink."

Jimin and Taehyung agreed, laughing. At that moment, Hoseok popped out of his room.

"Ooh, is the couple going to shower together~?" he said, smirking at them. The duo blushed, a little surprised by the sudden appearance. Hoseok giggled as he left his room to go have breakfast.

"This is kind of embarrassing," Jungkook said, looking at the ground.

"Aw, don't be JK," Yoongi said, patting Jungkook's shoulder. Jungkook turned around at the sound of his new nickname.

"JK?"

"Yep," Yoongi said, smiling warmly at him. "I took the beginning letter of your name in English and combined it with the last letter of your name in English. You like it?"

"Mhm, it has a nice ring to it," Jungkook said, smiling boldly. His bunny teeth showed, making Yoongi soft. Right then, Yoongi casually asked,

"So you wanna take a shower together?"

Jungkook stopped, looking down at his feet. He was a bit hesitant, his heartbeat racing and his stomach doing loops. He could feel butterflies fluttering inside him (not actually of course), and heat creeping up to his cheeks. He did shower with the other members before, and so had Yoongi. But why did he feel so shy right now? It's not like he and Yoongi were a couple or dating, right? 

Suddenly, Yoongi softly grabbed Jungkook's shoulder and turned him around so they were facing each other. He took Jungkook's hand, lifting it to his chest. Jungkook could feel Yoongi's heartbeat's pace. It was fast and had the same beat as his. Jungkook looked up at Yoongi, to see Yoongi's kind smile shining down at him. Jungkook giggled. Yoongi looked taken aback.

"What's so funny?" He pouted, looking cuter than ever. Jungkook smiled back, ruffling Yoongi's hair.

"I never knew you had feelings like that hyung," Jungkook said, smiling at him. From the kitchen, the rest of them were watching.

"Oh my gosh, they're so cute!" Hoseok squealed as he watched the pair intensely.

"Mhm," Namjoon and Jin said.

"So is Namjoon and Jin hyung," Jimin said, looking up at the both of them, smirking. Jin looked away, his ears turning pink. Namjoon stared straight at his food without any further reaction.

"Awh, Jin, your ears are red~," Taehyung said, smiling a devilish grin.

"Shut up and eat. And it's Jin hyung, not Jin." He said, pouting aggressively.

Yoongi and Jungkook had entered the bathroom, both of them shy. They both had each other's sets of clothes set on the bathroom counter, beside the sink. Both of them were embarrassed, for no reason. They both faced away from each other.

 Jungkook bit his lip and started to undress, having to look down as he was already a blushing mess again and didn't want Yoongi to see him that way. He laid the clothes in the laundry basket that was kept in the bathroom so it would be easier to do laundry at the end of the week. Yoongi followed him, still facing the other way. They stood still, bare and silent until Yoongi spoke up.

"What are we waiting for?" Yoongi asked, walking past Jungkook, turning on the water for the shower, making the water a warmer temperature. He stood underneath the water, his hair already turning wet. He sighed at the feeling, liking how the warmness felt against his body. Jungkook stared at Yoongi as if he were a treasure. Yoongi looked back at him, wondering why Jungkook wasn't joining him.

"Don't make me drag you in here," Yoongi said, laughing a little. Jungkook blushed. Yoongi knew he had no choice. He got out of the shower, picking up Jungkook bridal style.

"HYUNG!" Jungkook yelled, a bit shocked.

"Why did you scream-" Yoongi asked, getting flustered. "The others are going to think something else."

"Sorry, I was a bit shocked," Jungkook said as Yoongi set them both in the shower. They were now both facing each other. The water streamed down on their heads, their hair getting soaked. Jungkook could feel water dripping down his body as they both faced each other. He watched as Yoongi turned around, facing the showerhead. 

Without thinking, Jungkook slid his hands around Yoongi's bare waist, resting his face on his shoulder. Jungkook could feel Yoongi's warmth as he rested on his hyung, feeling comfortable. Yoongi froze for a few seconds, surprised that Jungkook did that, though he didn't stop him and let him stay like that. He liked it when Jungkook would hug him like that, the close feeling made him feel all warm inside.

 Yoongi leaned his head back, the back of his head resting on Jungkook's shoulder. He closed his eyes, as Jungkook started humming. Jungkook's soft humming filled the bathroom, along with the sound of the shower water clashing on them and the shower floor. These moments were where Yoongi felt at peace. He felt very relaxed and calm. Jungkook was humming one of their songs, 'Hold Me Tight'. As Jungkook hummed, he wrapped his arms around Yoongi even more tightly, as if he won't let him go. Yoongi stretched his hand back to pat Jungkook's head.

"Ok, enough romance now, let's finish up taking a shower."

Yoongi said, grabbing his soap bar. He handed Jungkook his soap bar. They both rubbed soap on their body, bubbles forming. As Yoongi was rubbing soap on his arm, a bubble rested on his shoulder. Jungkook spotted it. Unable to resist the urge, he leaned forward and blew the bubble softly, to make it fly in the air.

 Yoongi, who had taken his eyes off of Jungkook, was a bit startled by Jungkook's warm breath landing on his shoulder. Jungkook leaned closer, wrapping his arms around Yoongi's waist. Jungkook slowly moved his hands around from Yoongi's waist to a bit above his stomach, liking the feeling of the elder's skin. It was very soft, almost like a baby. 

Yoongi smiled softly, applying soap on Jungkook's back. The two ended up blowing bubbles and giggling like little children in the summer. They enjoyed the sight of the bubbles flying freely, then popping. After a while, they both got out, smiling at each other. Yoongi started drying his hair, while Jungkook dried his body first.

"Pass me your towel," Yoongi said, reaching his hand out for Jungkook's towel. Jungkook handed over his towel to Yoongi, taking Yoongi's towel instead. Yoongi placed Jungkook's towel on his head, drying his undried hair. Yoongi smiled softly, getting on his tippy toes. To make sure Yoongi doesn't lose balance and fall, Jungkook held him stably by grasping his waist. Yoongi let out a tiny gasp of shock. He could feel Jungkook wrapping his towel around him.

"I guess you're addicted to my waist, hm?" Yoongi asked, chuckling.

"Mhm," Jungkook said, smiling. He then started moving his hands up and down Yoongi's waist, tickling Yoongi a little.

"You're skin is very soft, Yoongi Hyung."

"Mhm, yeah, stop doing that, or I'll end up toppling onto you," Yoongi said, now standing on his feet steadily. 

12011 words 

posted 2-9-2021