12 - Is it you?

Jungkook mindlessly doodled in his notebook, his focus not fixated on his class. His mind wandered to other places. He was physically in class, but the rest of him had ventured off out of the school grounds. He thought of Yoongi. His smile, his gummy smile. That damn smile was precious and needed to be protected at all costs. His lovely hands shall remain the same forever. Jungkook imagined holding Yoongi's hand. Although Yoongi doesn't look like it, he loves it when someone holds his hand. Jungkook could imagine Yoongi's hand in his, wherever they go. As Jungkook imagined Yoongi's hand, he ended up doodling it in his notebook, in a very detailed way. He was quite artistic and was often complimented on his artwork. Most of the time he didn't pay attention to what was being drawn, it just turned out well, As Jungkook was in class, Yoongi was in his studio fiddling with his pen with a small yellow-colored notebook next to him. He sighed struggling with trying to figure out what to put down. He was starting on his very first mixtape, calling it Agust D. It was going to be a very personal album with songs and lyrics that mean a lot to him. Usually, writing helped him get his emotions out, whether that be songs that will be released or ones that don't ever. But this time, he just felt a little stuck. He had no ideas, and he felt empty yet motivated. He wished someone could just give him a hint or idea to get him started. But that wouldn't work as it was going to be so personal and no one else knew what he was thinking or going through. Slowly as time passed, he was losing motivation and started to become tired. Yoongi threw himself onto the desk, twiddling with his pencil. He slowly dozed off on the desk. Seokjin, who walked into the room, found Yoongi sleeping peacefully on the desk. He covered Yoongi with his blanket, to help him feel warm. He looked next to him where the notebook was, seeing a bunch of words marked out. Seokjin sighed worriedly for Yoongi as he had been so focused on writing recently. Yoongi didn't seem to give himself a break till things were done. He wanted things perfect and when things didn't how they were supposed to go that made him stressed out. Seokjin looked at the time, seeing it was almost time for him to go pick up the maknaes. He patted Yoongi's head and walked out of the studio, letting Yoongi get some rest. As he picked up the rest, Jimin asked a question.

"Why didn't Yoongi Hyung come to pick us up?"

Seokjin gasped dramatically, "You like Yoongi more than me!" He said obviously joking. The boys knew he was joking so they laughed along with him.

"Aish no hyung, we are just curious," Taehyung said

"He's back at the dorm, napping. He said something about not feeling very good earlier." Jungkook worried hearing that. Seokjin said, sighing then added on "Also he looked like he was having trouble with writing," Seokjin added, a few seconds later. Jungkook paused, wondering how he could help his hyung. He figured that he'd check up on Yoongi, maybe ask if he could help in any way, or just spend some time so he wouldn't feel lonely. For Jungkook, whenever he talks to someone, he usually gets ideas. Luckily they didn't have dance practice today and wouldn't have it for a while. They were finally getting a couple of weeks' break, most of them planning to go home and spend time with family. As for Yoongi...his family still didn't really support his passion for music yet so he was just going to stay at the dorms and work on his mixtape. Jungkook was going back to Busan for a week but coming back early as his family were very busy the second week and couldn't get off so it was best for him to leave early. Soon, they had reached home. Jungkook rushed into the house, checking on Yoongi. During the time Seokjin had left to pick them up, Yoongi had carried himself to his bed. Jungkook noticed that he wasn't there so his next best guess of where he would be was his room. He quickly ran there, Namjoon shouting at him to not run in the house and take off his shoes. Yoongi was cuddled up in a heavy blanket. He looked at ease, his face calm and relaxed. Jungkook sighed a breath of relief.

"What did you run into the house with your shoes on for?" Seokjin said, taking off his shoes.

--

Jungkook changed into different clothes, then went back to check on Yoongi again. Yoongi was sitting on the bed, his eyelids fluttering.

"Hyung!" Jungkook exclaimed, smiling widely. Yoongi looked up with a soft smile, making eye contact with Jungkook. Before he could open his mouth to ask how Jungkook's day went, Jungkook threw himself onto Yoongi, wrapping him up tightly in his grasp. Yoongi gasped softly, not expecting Jungkook to hug him.

"Jungkook, it's not like I left you for a year. Relax, you're squishing me," Yoongi said, squirming to loosen Jungkook's arms around him. But Jungkook held him tighter. Yoongi pouted, realizing he couldn't make Jungkook let go of him.

"Go do your homework silly," He teased, patting Jungkook's back. Jungkook nodded, backing away from him. He smiled at Yoongi before leaving him. Yoongi scratched the back of his head, getting up to make a coffee for himself. Jungkook started to complete his homework in a fast and efficient manner. He wanted to try helping Yoongi for his mixtape. Little did Jungkook know that deep inside, Yoongi wanted Jungkook to help him out too. Yoongi continued to ponder, wandering around the room. His mind was now empty, except with Jungkook's hug living in his mind rent free. The hug played over again and again in his head, making him blush. He could feel his skin turn pink.

"Why Jungkook? Why must you make me feel like this?"

1022 words

2/26/2021