9 - practice again

"Boys, come on. We can't be late!" Jin shouted to the others.
Jimin and Taehyung decided to do work together because they had the same teachers so it was just easier and quicker to do together. Yoongi was helping Jungkook through his homework. Getting help from Yoongi took a lot less time and he actually finished before having to go to practice. Once he was done, he put his homework in his bag. Yoongi got up from his chair, stretching his legs. After that, he left to his room to change. Jungkook quickly changed from his hoodie to a loose white shirt that would make it easy for him to dance in. He walked out into the hall. Yoongi came out around that time too, wearing the same jogger pants with a grey shirt. Jungkook was wearing Yoongi's shoes, while Yoongi wore Jungkook's. Jungkook still felt a little guilty over that. He stared at Yoongi's feet and looked at Yoongi. Yoongi wore no expression on his face. It was still like a rock. This reminded Jungkook of when Yoongi said he wanted to be a rock in his next life.
"Come on, guys, we need to go," Jin said, grabbing Jimin and Taehyung who were fooling around. The rest followed them. Jungkook sat in the middle of the van, with Taehyung on one side and Yoongi on the other. The car ride was soothing to Jungkook. The slight bumpiness made him doze off slowly, his head dropping forward. Yoongi noticed, tilting Jungkook's head towards his shoulder. Jungkook snuggled into Yoongi's shoulder, wrapping an arm around Yoongi's arm. He started to doze off into a deeper sleep. Jungkook opened his eyes, finding himself on a grassy field. He was lying on the ground, the grass grazing against his skin. A tree was nearby, with someone sitting underneath it. Jungkook approached the tree with caution.
"Don't worry, it's just me," It was Yoongi's voice from the other side of the tree. Jungkook ran to the other side, just to find Yoongi wearing overalls with cute shorts. He wore a navy beret and a white, long sleeve shirt. He looked young and like a little boy. Jungkook sat beside him. Yoongi hummed softly, a tune Jungkook never heard before.
"What's that song?" Jungkook asked, looking over at Yoongi with curiosity. Yoongi smiled sweetly, shaking his head.
"You'll hear it one day."
Jungkook was a little confused, but he shrugged it off. He and that Yoongi sat under the tree for a long time. Suddenly, Jungkook drifted off to sleep again.
"Jungkook...Jungkook!"
It was Yoongi again.
"Yoon.."
"You fell asleep. Good thing you woke up before 2:55,"
They all rushed out of the car to the practice room.
As they went in, they each grabbed a water bottle from the fridge that was in the building, near the entrance. They walked towards the practice room, coincidentally in a single file line. They all walked behind each other, synchronized. As they got near the practice room, their manager met them.
"Manager!" Namjoon said, greeting the manager with a smile and a bow. The rest of them followed respectfully.
"Yes, yes, hello," Their manager said, smiling kindly at them. "I came here to remind you all that you have a performance tomorrow. Last performance for 2014, so good luck!" They were going to perform 'N.O' for tomorrow, and kind of end that era.  The manager let them into the practice room. Since he had to go run a few errands, he left, leaving the boys with the practice room to themselves. Staff walked around the building, so they could ask for any assistance at any time needed. The boys started practicing, the bottles they took at the side of the practice room, near a water filling station. The moves were muscle memory by now, from the number of times they had practiced and performed. Each member moved smoothly, their movements cutting through the air. Their movements were stiff, matching the music's beat. They danced with confidence as if they were on stage. After an hour of practicing and looking at the mirror, they collapsed onto the floor, exhausted and dehydrated. Jungkook got up and brought his hyung's bottles towards them. They were grateful for Jungkook getting their water, their bodies tired and worn out. The water was gone pretty quickly and some had gotten up to get more while others just laid on the cold floor which felt good against their sweaty bodies.
"Jungkook, can you please get more bottles?" Jimin requested while he laid on the floor, catching his breath. Jungkook, who was equally exhausted but eager to help, nodded and got up. Yoongi got up as well, to tag along with Jungkook. The duo walked calmly down the hall. Yoongi grabbed four bottles and let Jungkook get the last three. THey walked back, their footsteps echoing through the silent halls. Jungkook felt like asking Yoongi about what their relationship was. Were they friends? Close friends? Brothers? Or were they Boyfriends? Often these questions swarmed around his brain, yet he barely had the confidence to speak up and ask. Everytime he opened his mouth, he closed it again right that second, his voice gone and his throat stuck. This time, they were alone, and Jungkook could ask. He opened his mouth.
"Yoon-"
"Yoongi and Jungkook!" Their manager walked towards them from the other side of the hall. The duo were now in front of the practice room.
"Yeah, manager?" Yoongi asked, about to open the practice door.
"I'm going to leave, tell the rest of the boys that. And also, don't stay here for too long, you guys have to wake up early tomorrow."
The maknae and his hyung nodded, watching their manager stride away to his car. Yoongi and Jungkook looked at each other for a few seconds before walking through the practice room doors. The boys were still on the ground.
"Manager said not to stay here for too long," Yoongi said, handing the bottles he had to the others. Jungkook did the same. The two sat down for a few more minutes before getting up. They practiced, again and again, taking mini-breaks in between. Often, Yoongi would glance at Jungkook, admiring his dancing skills. Yoongi admired Jungkook for his talent in anything that was art. He was a skilled kid with much potential. That's how Yoongi had Jungkook for a definition in his brain. Yoongi noticed he was staring again, he didn't want to make Jungkook uncomfortable so he looked away and practiced the moves over again. Jungkook didn't notice, as he was focused on dancing well without messing up. After Namjoon had called him the 'Golden Maknae' on a log for fans, he felt more responsible. He tried hard to be good at everything after that, to keep up the name.

2-17-2021
1147 words
A/N sorry for the late update! Posting will go back to Evey other day