11 - from the blankets

The duo fell asleep in the blankets, dozing off. They woke up the next morning, thanks to the pots and pans clanging in the kitchen. Seokjin had woken up early like usual, brushing his teeth and cleaning his face. He was still half asleep as he approached the stove. He took a pan from the cupboard, setting it on the stove. His hand slipped, causing a loud sound to echo around the dorm.

"Yah!" Seokjin yelled, now fully awake. Yoongi woke up, grumbling as he didn't like being woken up, especially like that. He got up to see what made the loud obnoxious noise. He saw Seokjin in the kitchen bending over picking the pan up and setting it back on the stove.

"Be careful next time, Hyung," Yoongi said in his coarse, morning voice. Jin shuddered, frightened and surprised by Yoongi's voice. He turned around, seeing Yoongi with messy hair and baggy eyes. Jin spotted Jungkook beside him, wrapped in a blanket and slouching.

"Oh, hello," Jin said, smiling.

"Fuck you," Yoongi said in a serious tone, but of course he meant it as a joke. He did love all the members dearly, but some of their shenanigans could seriously make him feel like driving a car off a bridge. Sticking up his middle finger, he stormed off to the washroom. Seokjin held in his laughter, his stomach pain from the cramps. He finally collected himself, stifling his giggles as he walked over to Jungkook.

"Jungoogi~ wake up," He said softly while shaking him gently. Jungkook's eyelids fluttered. He scrunched his nose up as if he smelt something rancid.

"Jin Hyung, your breath smells," He said jokingly.

"I just brushed my teeth you-" Seokjin jokingly slapped the back of Jungkook's neck. He got up, the blanket falling to the ground. He did it on purpose, watching Seokjin wear a joking scowl on his face as he picked the piece of fabric up. He folded it neatly, placing it on the couch. Jungkook made his way to the washroom, unaware Yoongi had occupied it. He met eyes with Namjoon in the hallway.

"Good morning, Golden Maknae," Namjoon said while winking at him. Jungkook smiled back and replied.

"Good morning, Namjoon hyung."

Yoongi had left the washroom door unlocked, not expecting anyone to come in. He was busy sitting on the toilet, mindlessly scribbling on a paper. As he felt like his intestines were cleared, he got up, ready to finish up. At that moment, Jungkook opened the door. The two paused in place, Yoongi halfway up from the seat and Jungkook with the door ajar.

"What-"

"SORRY!" Jungkook blurted out loudly, closing the door again. Yoongi, who was still processing what happened, continued to clean up. Jungkook tried to recover from what he saw, although he had seen Yoongi naked before. Why was it so embarrassing this time? Was he worried about what impression he had left on Yoongi? A few seconds later, Yoongi had lathered his hands, coming out of the washroom as nothing happened. Jungkook's gaze met Yoongi's. "Come on Kook, breakfast will be ready in a bit."

Jungkook nodded, still half frozen. He walked into the bathroom anyways, washing his face and brushing his teeth. As he left the washroom, Jin called from the kitchen, telling him to wake the rest of his hyungs up. Jungkook did as he was told, pulling the blankets off of the hyungs who had dozed off. They scrambled up and made their way to do their morning routines. Jungkook walked out to the kitchen, rubbing his eyes. He sat on the opposite seat of Yoongi, still a little embarrassed about what occurred that morning. It kept replaying in his head, making him turn red as a tomato.

"Jungkook? Are you sure you aren't tomatoficating?" Seokjin asked, stopping mid-way before putting an egg in his mouth. Jungkook nodded.

"What in the world is tomatofication Hyung?" Namjoon asked, concerned over Jin's grammar.

"It's the process of turning into a tomato by turning red. You see, when my ears turn red, it's the process of me tomatoficating," Jin explained proudly. Namjoon slowly nodded, unsure of whether to praise or laugh at Jin.

Jungkook packed his bag up, ready for class. He walked behind Jin, entering their car. Taehyung and Jimin were in the back, bickering.

"Calm down, you children," Seokjin jokes, as he slipped into the front seat. Jimin and Taehyung stopped yelling at each other's throats and buckled up instead. They all got out of the car once they had reached the school. As Jungkook walked into the school building he was thinking of Yoongi's and his talk last night. He had really liked being able to be with his favorite hyung. Well, of course, he wouldn't say that out loud but that was true. With Yoongi, he felt comfortable and he could talk freely with him. Their conversations were deep and comforting. Jungkook was sure Yoongi felt the same too. Now don't get him wrong, he liked his other hyungs. He just felt like he had a closer relationship with Yoongi and that it was easy to talk to him. As he entered his class, he went to his seat near the window, looking out. His first three periods consisted of him sitting here, then for the fourth period, he would have to move to a classroom across the school. When going across the school for his class he'd get to see Jimin. They would always wave to each other in the halls, that being one highlight of the day. Jimin took care of Jungkook passionately, and Taehyung? Taehyung and he were partners in crime. Jungkook often did mischievous things with Taehyung. He remembered once when they peed on Seokjin's sock after Seokjin cut the vegetables for that day's dinner. Seokjin was obviously not happy about it and they definitely learned not to do that again but they still liked to fool around. It was fun, being troublesome and your hyungs still liking you. They were excused since they were the youngest and made the dorm lively. At times the older members found it funny so it was nice to have a bit of fun and calm around the place.

1025 words

posted 2-23-2021