8 - you + me =???

"Oh."

Jungkook said, scrambling on his bed to sit crisscrossed.

"This time, listen to me, okay?" Yoongi said, leaning over the table again. Jungkook nodded. As Yoongi explained, Jungkook could feel himself understand the concept of the question with ease. It wasn't boring for him, and he didn't doze off like he would in class. After Yoongi explained all of Jungkook's doubts, it was lunchtime.

"You understand everything now, right?"

Jungkook nodded.

"Everything seems easier, now that you've cleared my doubts."

Yoongi smiled before turning around.

"I'm glad to hear that."

When Yoongi had left the room, it was silent, and Jungkook sat on his bed, staring at the paper with the written process to solve the equation. A few minutes later, Yoongi called Jungkook from the hall.

"Well, now it's time to eat. Come on, let's go."

Jungkook nodded and placed his pencil in the middle of the paper, planning to come back after lunch and finish his work. He got up and walked out of the room, going to the bathroom so he could wash his hands.

Yoongi washed his hands in the kitchen then went to sit down, ending up at the end of the table next to Namjoon. Jungkook finished and

Jungkook dried his hands then went to the kitchen, noticing that Yoongi was sitting next to Namjoon. He felt a little sad because he wanted to sit with Yoongi but he couldn't make a big deal out of it. He didn't want to seem like a whiny baby. He sighed quietly and sat down on the other side of the table next to Jin. Namjoon noticed the tiny frown on Jungkook's face and held his laugh. He found it quite amusing. Jin had cooked a soup for them, knowing it would be good for Jungkook since he was sick and just decided to make it for everyone else. As Jin set the soup on the table, he could see Yoongi and Jungkook make eye contact.

"You know, you guys can switch seats if you wish."

Namjoon nodded, ready to get up.

"Jungkook, come here."

Namjoon pointed at his seat, motioning for Jungkook to sit there.

Jungkook shook his head, not wanting to make a bother out of it. It was just going to be 30 minutes away from Yoongi, he could handle that. "No no, It's fine. Don't worry." He said as he picked up a spoon from the table. Jungkook smiled, relieved.

Namjoon nodded and sat back down not thinking too much about it. Hoseok came in a few seconds later, sitting on the other side of Namjoon.

Lunch went by pretty quickly, in silence. At one point, Yoongi saw Jungkook had stopped eating and was plainly staring at his food. He nudged him, wondering what was wrong. Jungkook looked at Yoongi, his eyes sparkling. He pointed at the food, then at his mouth. Yoongi understood. He took Jungkook's spoon, scooping out some soup, and held it to Jungkook's mouth. Jungkook opened his mouth wide, consuming the food on the spoon. Yoongi smiled, happy to see the younger one eat. Jin noticed how Yoongi started to feed the younger one but didn't finish eating.

"Yoongi, make sure to eat too before the food gets cold."

Yoongi nodded, half-listening. He was too focused on Jungkook to even pay full attention to the rest of his surroundings. Jungkook hummed, just letting Yoongi continue to feed him. Jin got up to clean his dish. Namjoon had finished eating earlier, so he was currently in his room. Hoseok had finished eating as well and was in his room too. Jungkook noticed that Yoongi wasn't feeding himself at all. He grabbed Yoongi's spoon, feeding Yoongi. Yoongi was a little surprised but accepted Jungkook's spoonful of soup. They both fed each other in silence. Soon, they both finished their bowls of soup and cleaned up as they were the last ones left. It didn't take too long to get everything back up where it belonged. Yoongi started to wash the remaining dishes and utensils. Jungkook started clearing the table, scooping up morsels of rice or fallen crumbs. He dusted them into the compost bin, then joined Yoongi in rinsing the dishes.

Jungkook went back to his room, sitting at his desk to get yesterday's homework done. Since he had arrived home early yesterday, his teacher gave him notes explaining the lessons in class along with a few practice sheets.

Yoongi followed in behind, sitting next to him

"Still need any help?"

"I think I got it for now. Don't worry." Jungkook smiled a little at him.

"Don't forget, we have dance practice at 3."

Jungkook nodded, turning his attention to his homework. He could feel Yoongi watch him. With Yoongi beside him, he felt more motivated to finish his work. Time passed by quickly with Yoongi by his side. Yoongi pointed out any mistakes in Jungkook's work, explaining the errors so Jungkook won't repeat the same mistake. Soon, school had ended and Jin went to pick up the 95 liners. They returned with Jungkook's homework, giving it to him.

"Now you two go get changed and finish your homework."

Jin said from the kitchen. Taehyung stayed in the room and started to change, while Jungkook started his homework. Jimin left to his and Hoseok's room. The younger members sat at their desks, trying to complete their work before practice would start. Usually, on school days the maknaes had around an hour to get their homework done before they would leave for practice. If they didn't finish within that hour they'd have to finish after practice which means staying up even later. They already had practice till 11 pm then dinner so it would be very late. Meaning homework would have to be done in the morning or on the way to school. Being an idol and having school wasn't easy at all. There was the responsibility of getting good grades and graduating but also going to every practice and getting ready for comebacks. But it was what they signed up for. The school would eventually be over. Jungkook knew if he worked hard, he could become an idol and not worry about other jobs, right?

1051 words 

posted 2-13-2021

a/n another chapter will be posted tomorrow as a valentines gift =)