Parentlock

Short and fluffy one to apologise for the last chapter. Since I had basically no A/N earlier, hey how are you guys? I hope you guys are all good, if you aren't, then you can always talk to me :). I'm happy because I got Assassins Creed Vallhalla earlier and it's so gooooood I love ittt. Anyway, here you go *throws fluffy parentlock*. This was influenced by one of sini333 's books, specifically their oneshot book. 

John's POV
I woke up to Rosie crying her eyes out thorugh the baby monitor at 2 in the morning. Glory be the days she begins to sleep through the night. I sighed and laid on my bed, mustering up the energy to get up.

As soon as I was about to get up, I heard Sherlock shushing her. 

"Come on, my little Watson, come to Sherlock."

Her screams quietened to snuffles and evertually they stopped.

"Right then, do you want some milk now? You're probably hungry. If I give you food, will you please shut up? Seriously, please shut up. If you wake your father up, there will be hell to pay. Neither of us want to deal with an overtired Dr Watson."

I loved the fact that Sherlock never wasted his time on mushy baby voices. He always spoke to Rosie as if she was a grown up and understood every word he said. 

"We are all awaiting the day you sleep all the way through the night. Then again, who knows what will have happened at that point. I'll be here, but you and your father will almost certainly have moved away by that point. It's not practical, what with there only being 2 rooms and all. There's a solution, but there is also a problem."

I knew what was coming. He was married to his work and he didn't have feelings like that for anyone. 

"Your father, Rosamund, is not gay. as much as I wish he was, he isn't. Oh look, your bottle is warmed."

This shocked me. Where was the speech that he didn't have emotions like that? What happened to him falling in love with Irene Adler? Wasn't his work supposedly more important than everything else, including his own emotions?

I smirked to myself, because despite the fact that the statement had caused more questions to arise, the famous Sherlock Holmes was wrong for once. Well. Sort of half wrong. 

"Here's your bottle, Rosamund. Remember, it's the same rules as the rattle. If you want to keep the bottle, do not throw the bottle." There was a slight thud in the backgroudnd a loud sigh from Sherlock. I had to cover my mouth to stop myself form laughing and giving myself away. 

"Okay, Rosie, here's your bottle. Please do not throw it again." I decided to go downstairs. Don't know why, I just wanted to correct him on something. 

I went into the living room and leaned against the door frame, watching Sherlock tuck Rosie into her cot. Once he checked that she was asleep, he turned around and saw me. He jumped at the sight of me. 

"Jesus, John. Make some some noise. Why are you up, anyway?"

"Rosie screaming woke me up, and I had to correct you on something?"

"Correct me on what? I'm never wrong though?"

"Hm not quite never. You said that I'm not gay."

"You have said those words yourself."

"I never said I'm straight though."

"So- you- wait what?" He looked so confused that I couldn't help laughing. 

I shook my head and walked towards him. I stood right in front of him. His pupils dialated as I leaned up and kissed him softly on the lips. I smiled slightly and deepened the kiss. We pulled apart and we were both grinning like idiots. 

Sherlock opened his mouth to say something but Rosie cut him off when she started screaming. I shook my head and lifted her out of her cot, laughing gently at her. 

"Shh, Rosie" I murmures, holding her against my shoulder. She wouldn't stop crying so I sat down on the sofa and held her closely and hummed to her gently. Sherlock came and sat nexto to me. 

I yawned gently and leaned against Sherlock. My eyes started to close involuntarily as I drifted off to sleep. 

I woke up on the sofa the next morning. I was lying betweent Sherlock's legs and I was resting on his chest and Rosie was cuddled up on his shoulder. 

They were both sleeping peacefully, do I got up the best I could without disturbing them. I leaned down and kissed Sherlock on the head. 

I think he would be quite a good parent to Rosie.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Hey guys, hope it was fluffy enough for yall to forgive me. I'm actually pretty tired but I'm probably just gonna go play Assassins Creed lmao. See you guys soon x :)