53: Change of plans

Hi loveliessss!!

Before we get started with the chapter, i'd like to apologize for failing to respond to a lot of your messages whether they are comments, DM's, or posts on my message board.

But i'd also like to show you a little perspective from my side :

As you can see, my wattpad blows up like that daily :)

It's extremely difficult for me to go through notifications when it's that much every couple of hours.

But if I manage to see anything, I promise i'll get back to you <3

(2082 words)
~~~

In the morning, you woke up to find nothing in the bed beside you, an unfamiliar cold that you hadn't felt in a bit as Ryuzaki was usually quite clingy and never left your side. This was quite unusual of him to do..

Nonetheless, you got up and found your way out of the room as you were still in your expensive pair of silk pajamas. You then made your way down the hall to see that Ryuzaki was sitting on the couch with his computer on the table in front of him. He was looking down with his fingers tangled in his hair, looking almost the most stressed he'd ever been whilst mumbling curses under his breath.

"..L..?"
You carefully spoke his name, slowly walking in with Ryuzaki looking up at you, sighing.

"...Come here, baby.."
He said quietly, motioning you to come over to him with his hands, in which you did in a cautious manner. Something obviously wasn't right..

You slowly straddled him in his lap, looking up at him as his hands had a gentle hold on your sides. His somber eyes then looked directly into yours as one of his hands came up to cup your cheek.

"...The task force has temporarily moved to America within the past few days.."
He said quietly

"..So that means-.."
It was only a short trip to America, you didn't mind..though why did he seem almost distraught..?

"Yes..but.."
He swallowed nervously
"There was an..explosion."

Your heart then dropped the moment you heard his words.
"Wh-What..?"

"..In a warehouse..they were meant to kill a holder of one of the death notes, but he instead set off a bomb and escaped.."

"What?... A-Are they-...Are they okay..?"
The more he spoke, the most anxious you got, your heart was already beating like crazy. They were like a family to you..

Letting out a sigh, his hands cupped your cheeks in the most gentle manner
"Soichiro Yagami didn't make it...The others are alive, but they aren't in good condition either.."